Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 cutlass hss

How much is it in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Plektrum View Post
    How much is it in the UK?
    It depends what finish it is, The Charcoal Frost in the SSS config is 2399 and the vintage sunburst is slightly more 2549. I've ordered the Charcoal Frost for now but I'm sure I'll change my mind when they come into stock.

Please tell me the shop gave you a better deal than that - otherwise - ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulg2uk View Post
    The Charcoal Frost in the SSS config is 2399 and the vintage sunburst is slightly more 2549.
    That is insanely expensive!

I got a new SSS Cultass from Guitar Guitar in their recent blowout and then got a bit dejected when I realised the reason was because they were clearing stock for the roasted necks - I'd love a roasted neck but at that price there's no way at all I could justify that increment over the standard model.

Guitar prices are the only time I wished I lived in the USA haha !

Wow, that's quite an increase. Is it worth it to pay that much more for a roasted neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Plektrum View Post
    Wow, that's quite an increase. Is it worth it to pay that much more for a roasted neck?

They also are doing them with the oil-and-wax neck finish as well; the pre-2018 models had satin poly finishes instead.

In all honesty these were criminally under-priced/under-valued guitars; the Cutlass and StingRay stack up against Fender's top of the production line models (which typically start at $1,900), Suhr Pro Series (which is getting a price bump also later this year from $2,200 to $2,400), etc.

As someone who worked in a local music store for a few years, I think the quality control on EBMM absolutely KILLS the other major brands. 1 in 100 might have an issue with a MM guitar and customer service always steps up to the plate. With the other brand you mentioned (not Suhr), I rarely found even one remotely worth the price and I'm talking about the high dollar American models. They live on their name and nothing else. We'd see guitar all the time and ask ourselves "how did this leave the factory?".

I'm not here to dog on other brands, just to make the point that the other "big name" brands in this price range don't deliver the quality of guitar that EBMM does. That's just my opinion. I've never played a Suhr, but I do hear they are amazingly crafted.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

Yeah, very hit and miss with some. Musicman I’d buy blind (and have). Others I gotta play it first. Not had a Suhr yet, but it’s inevitable one will land in the collection after some more balls
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb ****SOLD***
    Cutlas SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

"Premium Two Piece (sic) Roasted Maple Neck"

What are the two pieces? Didn't they used to be one-piece necks?
    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

Silhouette HSH
    Ernie Ball Strings

Neck and fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilif View Post
    "Premium Two Piece (sic) Roasted Maple Neck"

What are the two pieces? Didn't they used to be one-piece necks?
    Nope gotta get the truss rob in there man, it’s a sandwich.

Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

I just got a bit of bad news from my dealer. Ordered a new 2018 cutlass in charcoal frost. Originally quoted 3-4 weeks. Now they aren't expecting anything till September over here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulg2uk View Post
    I just got a bit of bad news from my dealer. Ordered a new 2018 cutlass in charcoal frost. Originally quoted 3-4 weeks. Now they aren't expecting anything till September over here in the UK.
    Not good. Not good at all.

I feel your pain but I'm feeling a bit better that I pulled the trigger on one of the non-roasted necks.

How does 3-4 weeks get to 5 months?!

Quote Originally Posted by steveh View Post
    Not good. Not good at all.

I feel your pain but I'm feeling a bit better that I pulled the trigger on one of the non-roasted necks.

How does 3-4 weeks get to 5 months?!
    It looks like it was a mistake in someone's email. 3-4 weeks actually meant 3-4 months. Sounds about right they look pretty thin on the ground in the US at the moment as well. They were only released on the 2nd of April but you'd think MM would have made sure stock was ready and on it's way.

Oh well looks like its gonna be a long 4 months then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    I'm not here to dog on other brands, just to make the point that the other "big name" brands in this price range don't deliver the quality of guitar that EBMM does. That's just my opinion. I've never played a Suhr, but I do hear they are amazingly crafted.
    i'm completely agree with you! music man and suhr for me, are the best brand in the world, i would like to have a suhr modern.

I like the new cutlass hss roasted, finally the Hand rubbed oil and wax finish on the neck!!!
    Music Man Cutlass RS HSS