Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NGD: My Holy Grail!!!

User Info Menu

Ed,

Donít mean to hijack your thread, but....

what an amazing, versatile guitar(s) we have here.
    jimmy

2009 25th Anniversary BFR All Rosewood Neck #24/25
    2002 Silo Spec SSS Autumn Redburst
    2007 Silo Spec HSS LE 07 Blue Dawn
    2005 SM Y2D Purple Sunset
    2007 AL SSS Cherry Burst
    Mesa/Boogie Studio Caliber
    Mesa/Boogie Mark V25

User Info Menu

Yessireee, they are the best. No question. The Swiss Army knife of the EBMM family imho. I don't mind a better picture of yours. Your first one was so far away I couldn't tell much from it. Amazing quilt!
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Congratulations on a good score!

Gotta love the 25th. Stunning guitars and really great tones. Here are my two 25th's. I remember how blown away I was by the cutaway shot when they first got announced. That cutaway guitar is on display in the office in SLO.

Last edited by dibart77; 04-13-2018 at 10:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff! This has turned out to be a great 25th Love-fest!!! And rightly deserved! That cutaway shot is very cool. Your two are just amazing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    Well, I've come full circle. My very first EBMM guitar was a White Reflex Hard Tail. After selling it (like an idiot) I've seen a total of seven EBMM's go through my hands. Each had its own wow factor and was great. But, I always had a reason to watch them leave. Until now. When I got my Reflex (don't remember the year) the EBMM 25th Anniversary (which became the Reflex for those of you who don't know) was still fresh and was fetching more $$ than I could ever swing. I couldn't believe they made the Reflex in this beautiful RED color - my favorite color!!! I thought....someday...maybe....

Well, someday came last week. I have been without an EBMM for about a month (enjoying my SBMM's) when I saw this beauty at a price that made me do a triple-take. I took delivery yesterday. It is about a 9.3 out of 10 on the "minty scale". It has one small ding on the corner of the head stock. Other than that it is in next-to-mint condition. Gave the neck the wonder wipe treatment and it's spotless. Polished the body even though it barely needed to be touched. Threw on a set of 10-46 M-Steels. I've played it for about two hours since I got it. It is absolutely flawless. It is the perfect guitar in my eyes. I'll be buried with this one. I could go on and on. I've rambled on long enough. Time for pictures.

Attachment 33638Attachment 33639Attachment 33640Attachment 33641Attachment 33642
    Yep, that’s a beauty! Congratulations on getting that joy back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EBMM Axis Natural Flame, Rosewood Fretboard G75804

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Ed,

Don’t mean to hijack your thread, but....

what an amazing, versatile guitar(s) we have here.
    Great.......just when I talked myself outta wanting one of these, a pic like this gets posted!!! GEEEEEEZZZZZZ.

Nice guitar! I wish I could play it!
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

I'll just leave this here....this guitar continues to bring the magic every time I take it off of the wall to play it. Bravo EBMM!!!

User Info Menu

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum, having only recently purchased my first EBMM guitar -- in fact, seemingly this exact same one. (G47729 ?) If you don't mind me asking, why did you let it go?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iekobrid View Post
    Hi, I'm brand new to the forum, having only recently purchased my first EBMM guitar -- in fact, seemingly this exact same one. (G47729 ?) If you don't mind me asking, why did you let it go?
    After a while I discovered I really did not like the neck profile - it was just too shallow for me. Since my original Reflex (it had been a LONG time since I owned a Reflex and had never owned a 25th) I had owned a few of the Stingrays and realized I really liked a thicker neck profile than what the 25th Anniversary had to offer. So, I moved it. You bought it from the guy who bought it from me. It is an outstanding guitar with seemingly unending tonal options and quite a beautiful top and 3-d type flame neck. I hope you enjoy it. You should put up a NGD thread with pictures for a proper welcome to the forum .