Ultra Burly

Thread: NGD!! And Thanks Pete!

User Info Menu

NGD!! And Thanks Pete!

I scored myself a SBMM Albert Lee. Purchased over the weekend, and it just arrived today. Iím cosistently amazed at what $400 will get you. Great fretwork, great setup, and a well appointed guitar for a completely reasonable price. I bought from Pete at Dubaldo Music. On top of a great price, itís great to know Pete remembers me, though I havenít bought from him in a while. My guitar came with a nice bit of swag, including strings, a polish cloth, a cool set of EB artist picks, and a nice note from Pete.

Thanks, Pete. Loving the guitar, and I appreciate the extra swag.

SBMM Cutlass Seafoam Green
    SBMM Albert Lee - Daphne Blue
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue

User Info Menu

Congrats Tony!! Let us know how it plays. Pete is the man.
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Wow Tony congrats, very cool and Pete and Nick are the best without a doubt.

Enjoy, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Congratulations and happy playing!! =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Awesome, I'm glad it arrived safely! The AL40 is quite impressive at the 399 price point. Thanks again for the order Tony, it's much appreciated.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Beautiful color and pick guard combo! Kudos on your new guitar.
    Nomac Majesty #14 | BFR Koa Majesty | BFR Claro Walnut Majesty | BFR Fuchsia Sparkle Majesty
    BFR Gold Sparkle Majesty | BFR Steak House Majesty (On Order, no ETA) | BFR6 Koa
    BFR JP15 Teal Green | BFR JP16 6 String | BFR JP16 7 String | JP7 Mystic Dream
    JP6 Sky blue | BFR Claro Luke III | BFR Valentine White/Gold | BFR Stingray Translucent Gold
    BFR Cutlass Natural Gloss | Sterling: JP100D Orange Burst, JP150 Prototype MysticFire & JP60 Prototype MysticFire

User Info Menu

Are those graphtec-type saddles? They don't look like the bent steel saddles they've used on other guitars.
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    Are those graphtec-type saddles? They don't look like the bent steel saddles they've used on other guitars.
    They're the block steel saddles. Came from the factory like that. I don't know if it was an aesthetic choice, or if it serves another purpose. I can say that this trem works really well for a budget/affordable guitar. SBMM did an excellent job setting the guitar up in QC. And it has really good sustain. I'm pleasantly surprised by this guitar the more I play it.
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue

User Info Menu

1] Pete Rocks!!
    2] It's fabulous to see SBMM offering an entry level AL!!

CONGRATS & enjoy!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    1] Pete Rocks!!
    2] It's fabulous to see SBMM offering an entry level AL!!

CONGRATS & enjoy!
    1) Indeed he does.

2) It's a great guitar, even at the SUB level of price. Hopefully, this one sells well, and we will get a D series from SBMM.

The one thing I haven't done yet is play it plugged in. I'll get a chance to this afternoon. Happy to report back with results.
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue

User Info Menu

Quick update:

Thanks to @vuduhwy - I have a set of Schaller locking tuners for my AL now. I just installed them. Holy cow, the sustain now. This thing sounds alive now. The notes jump off the fretboard.

Plugged in, these import pickups are decent. They will work for now until I figure out if I want different pickups.

The only changes I’d recommend if you get this guitar are:

1) Locking tuners. Better tuning stability, and the slight addition of mass really woke this guitar up.

2) a new nut. I had a tech put in a Tusq nut, and cut the slots for the strings I like. Good and slippery now.
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue