Ready to Roar
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBMM shipping time to UK

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to chase down a Luke 2 BFR in Blueberry. I'm scouring the world's websites but can't find one at all. Lot's of sites list it but that it's a special order and, of course, we can't order them anymore! My friend got a Hazel Burst quilt. Looks stunning but it kept getting delayed. I suspect the thoughts on filling up shipping containers is probably true. If anyone knows of a new Luke 2 BFR in Blueberry, let me know! Only one I can find is in Japan but it's only an Ebay listing and it's massively overpriced!
    Last edited by Alistair Taylor; 04-16-2018 at 04:12 AM.
    Searching for the elusive third Luke!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Taylor View Post
    I'm still trying to chase down a Luke 2 BFR in Blueberry. I'm scouring the world's websites but can't find one at all. Lot's of sites list it but that it's a special order and, of course, we can't order them anymore! My friend got a Hazel Burst quilt. Looks stunning but it kept getting delayed. I suspect the thoughts on filling up shipping containers is probably true. If anyone knows of a new Luke 2 BFR in Blueberry, let me know! Only one I can find is in Japan but it's only an Ebay listing and it's massively overpriced!
    If I see one or know of anyone that might be selling one I'll let you know. Nice! I really want a Hazel Burst one as well. I prefer the flame top's if I'm honest. Although the quilts are very nice as well.

I'm not sure why they are all factory order you'd think MM would be sending guitars like the L3's, Majesty's, JP15's and other models for the European market as well. I appreciated these guitars are 3k plus and that not everyone can afford one but other guitar makers manage it. By the time you get one ordered and wait for it to come through the new model comes out lol.

User Info Menu

So its 28 April and still no scratchplate. I'm now told ETA is now end of May. That's twice what I was quoted at first, presumably just so the UK distributors could save a couple of bucks on shipping.
    The company have had my money since Feb 26. Sorry EBMM but that's a disgrace. You need to change your UK distributors.
    Too right I'm angry!

User Info Menu

I think you should ask for your money back and cancel the order. PM the name of the dealer so that I don’t use them myself - payment up front for a pickguard is not Kosher
    EDIT - went back and read first post. Got it.
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS HSS - Firemist Silver
    Cutlass Hunter Hayes - Lake Tahoe Blue
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Just cancel the order and have one made.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steveh View Post
    So its 28 April and still no scratchplate. I'm now told ETA is now end of May. That's twice what I was quoted at first, presumably just so the UK distributors could save a couple of bucks on shipping.
    The company have had my money since Feb 26. Sorry EBMM but that's a disgrace. You need to change your UK distributors.
    Too right I'm angry!
    I love Strings n Things - helped them out at exhibitions years ago.

There has to be a good reason for the delay? ...
    But just to remind UK'ers If you have any gripe with a guitar under warranty the process is take it up with your dealer, who will invariably take it further with Strings n Things ... who would take it further if needs be EB in the USA.

So I know your situation is somewhat different but I would recommend (if you haven't already done so) to e mail Customer Services in the USA?

The network created by Ernie Ball and Strings n Things goes back a long way - I very much doubt they would change their UK distributor - just my opinion really.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    But just to remind UK'ers If you have any gripe with a guitar under warranty the process is take it up with your dealer, who will invariably take it further with Strings n Things ... who would take it further if needs be EB in the USA.
    So I know your situation is somewhat different but I would recommend (if you haven't already done so) to e mail Customer Services in the USA?
    So the dealer, Guitar Guitar, asked Strings & Things how long it would take but action stopped there. Who cares? - they have my money.
    You're right - I took it up with EBMM USA directly - scratchplate shipped the same day I contacted them and should be with me soon.
    Really, really upset that I have to go to these lengths to get a simple scratchplate in a reasonable length of time.
    Anyway, the guitar is fabulous, as are all of my EBMMs.