Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: G string probs

G string probs

Hi everyone, just a small question regarding my Luke 2. Im finding it really hard to keep it in tune.
    I have the trem raising a tone on the g string and I had a Tremel-no installed but have since removed it hoping to narrow out the probs thinking that was the culprit, I tried decking the bridge but in doing so the g always come back sharp after a dive (and flat when bending, but a quick dive on the arm brings it near into tune again?)
    When the trem was floating the strings never came back in pitch (always lower)
    I have tried everything humanly possible, big bends nut sauce, taking a very fine sandpaper to the g string nut slot, at my wits end here at the mo..
    Any advice?

Not the topic I thought I was clicking on....

Imo, The G string is always the problematic one. You watch guys that are great with the trem (Jeff Beck, for example), and after diving the trem they also give it a quick pull up, to correct that very thing.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Imo, The G string is always the problematic one. You watch guys that are great with the trem (Jeff Beck, for example), and after diving the trem they also give it a quick pull up, to correct that very thing.
    Beej, do you think using a wound G might help?
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Albert Lee SSS - 3tsb
    Cutlas SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green
    FSR 50s Strat - Jetstream Blue

Have you put lube (I use tri-flow but a dab of nut sauce will work) on the saddle also?

Also - when installing strings, do you have multiple wraps are the tuning key post, or do you pull the string taunt, tighten the locking nut and tune?
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

Definitely sounds like a nut issue. When you dive the string overall moves towards the peg, and then get stuck, making it sharp. When you bend, you pull it out from the peg, and you end up flat. What gauge strings are you using? Sometimes just cleaning up the string slot with a nut file a tiny bit can keep it from hanging up.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck