28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Smaller Fret Marker

25 89.29%
  • Newer Larger Fret Marker

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've noticed . .

I'm a big fan of the small dot inlays and the martini glass inlays.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

The large dots wouldn't put me off buying a guitar, but given the choice I'd go for the small ones, or something else entirely.
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt

I prefer small, or side dots and none on the fretboard. Or small and side dots.
    I believe every guitar player inherently has something unique about their playing. They just have to identify what makes them different and develop it. EVH

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I'm a big fan of the small dot inlays and the martini glass inlays.
    Well Pete the martini glass inlays are special and will always hold a special place around here.

Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

I think the classiest configuration is a single, ornate design at the 12th fret. There are quite a few brands that have some sort of variation of this and I think they all look great. Basically, a design like the NOMAC Majesty board. Pure class.

My 2nd option would be the starry night unmarked board. Also classy. Unfortunately the sparkle and color were not for me this time around. I'd love to see the unmarked ebony come back in a glossy, non-sparkle finish.

A distant 3rd place would be a full scale ornate design (just please no flowers or vines )

Basically, I hate dots.
    Current EBMM Guitars:
    2012 JPXI-7
    2014 JP6 BFR Koa
    2018 Valentine

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Etudica View Post
    I think the classiest configuration is a single, ornate design at the 12th fret. There are quite a few brands that have some sort of variation of this and I think they all look great. Basically, a design like the NOMAC Majesty board. Pure class.
    I can get behind that. I came close to buying a guitar from a new brand without having ever picked one up a few weeks ago because I thought it was really classy looking -- black with white binding and a 12th fret design. Loved it instantly. I might go into debt for a limited Axis in that configuration with a nice design.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Well they use to have the special BFR logo which I was sure about at first, but it grew on me and when I got my AL HH, I really liked it in person. There were those that didn't like it, but in my opinion it was done well.

Etudica, but if you had to chose a small or large dot which might be your choice.

Sure there are tons of fret designs out there, but I was just focusing on what EBMM's offering. I'm sure people would pay more for different fret marker. And the Starry night I wasn't sure at first, but I like the look after seeing one in person.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

I prefer the larger dots. The roasted maple neck on my Valentine is highly figured. If it had small dots they would disappear.

Small dots. They are one of many nice details that make EBMM instruments unique.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

Smaller or no dots for me as well.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Natural Quilt DOB 16/05/08

Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Hardtail Red DOB 14/01/93

"What is understood need not be discussed"

Huge fan of smaller dots = classic
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

Bump