Ready to Roar

Thread: Tekwerk's knowledge needed =)

User Info Menu

Tekwerk's knowledge needed =)

Tekwerk's knowledge needed =)-maxresdefault-jpgTekwerk's knowledge needed =)-75331d49d02ac5e6ede39c2dc687ae0e-jpg

Hello from Athens Maddi, would you please tell me whether this is a JP BFR (pre-JPX shape), or a JPXI?

Thanks a lot in advance,

John

PS. If anyone has the answer, please oblige me =D

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

It's BFR - top horn gives it away
    '15 JP15 BBB | '14 PDN JP6 | '10 JP6 Mystic Dream | '13 JP70 (w/CL/LF)
    '13 LP Traditional | '13 EPi LP | '10 LP Classic | 89' LP Std
    '16 Amer Strat HSS
    Mark IV | RA-100 | (2) 2x12 Recto Slant
    Dunlop Limited Wah | EBMM Volume
    GCP/GCX | EVH Phase & Flange | Dreamscape | Archer | Nova Drive | G-Major 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orion_21 View Post
    It's BFR - top horn gives it away
    You're absolutely correct, I had not zoomed in earlier on the 2nd picture, but I did just now and it's obvious indeed.

Thanks for the input Orion, much appreciated =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

The twin that I had come through here was a JP6 BFR.

Also it has the old style bridge w/ 3-way toggle (and a copyright date of 2010)
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    The twin that I had come through here was a JP6 BFR.

Also it has the old style bridge w/ 3-way toggle (and a copyright date of 2010)
    I stumbled upon a quite old thread today while I was searching Google for 'JP Silver Burst'. There was a JP clinic taking place around ten years ago, and you had bought one, correct? Do you still own it, or was it meant to be sold in the first place? Great looking guitar, although the fatter upper horn kind of throws it off balance for my tastes, especially compared to the JPX era onwards. And those red letters on the headstock look awesome as well.

Thanks a lot Pete =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    I stumbled upon a quite old thread today while I was searching Google for 'JP Silver Burst'. There was a JP clinic taking place around ten years ago, and you had bought one, correct? Do you still own it, or was it meant to be sold in the first place? Great looking guitar, although the fatter upper horn kind of throws it off balance for my tastes, especially compared to the JPX era onwards. And those red letters on the headstock look awesome as well.

Thanks a lot Pete =)

JP did a clinic with Sterling at a Guitar Center in NYC and there were several one-off guitars available for purchase. A fellow forumite wanted to buy the silverburst but they refused to let him put a deposit on it; the sale was all or nothing. He and I chatted for a few minutes, I went and bought it for him, and he paid back my store as he was able. My friend Ernie bought the other one-offs, so that night we left with all of them.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

JP did a clinic with Sterling at a Guitar Center in NYC and there were several one-off guitars available for purchase. A fellow forumite wanted to buy the silverburst but they refused to let him put a deposit on it; the sale was all or nothing. He and I chatted for a few minutes, I went and bought it for him, and he paid back my store as he was able. My friend Ernie bought the other one-offs, so that night we left with all of them.
    Cool story Pete!!! Haven't seen or heard from Ernie is such a long, long time.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

What a day..., so jealous =D

I can now dream that one day the same will happen, but the JPXI Aluminium is going to be available for purchase. However, I don't think JP would part with it. Not that EBMM would not make him another.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

Looks BFR. That was the Black Clouds tour. The second photo was taken on the Iron Maiden tour. That would have been 2010, so I think the JPX had just been released.
    Maddi

User Info Menu

Super thank you Maddi, much appreciated!!

All the best,

John

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225