New Prodigy

Thread: New cutlass RS with a loose input jack.

User Info Menu

New cutlass RS with a loose input jack.

This was surprising to me. The guitar came very well setup, and the attention to detail is mostly exceptional. It is odd that Something as obvious as a loose jack was able to sneak by.

The guitar may end up getting returned anyways, but out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tighten the input jack these things?

User Info Menu

New cutlass RS with a loose input jack.

Quote Originally Posted by silverman View Post
    This was surprising to me. The guitar came very well setup, and the attention to detail is mostly exceptional. It is odd that Something as obvious as a loose jack was able to sneak by.

The guitar may end up getting returned anyways, but out of curiosity, does anyone know how to tighten the input jack these things?
    Carefully remove the 4 screws in the plate. Carefully hold the jack and tighten the outer nut. Pay attention to the rotation of the jack so that you dont have issues with grounding or inserting the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice, worked like a charm. I was nervous about taking the jack plate off, as I am unfamiliar with the systems in this guitar. Obviously, the jack plate still works the same. Duh.
    Last edited by silverman; 04-21-2018 at 06:24 PM.

User Info Menu

My cutlass did the same thing after I had it a few short months

User Info Menu

Me too. Fixed in about 3 minutes, then kept rocking.

The artist formerly known as "radrock"
    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Just ordered a new Stingray RS, and super stoked.
    Will be on lookout for this. Thanks for heads up.

User Info Menu

make sure that it has a serrated locking washer underneath - locks it all together snugly and prevents it coming loose again
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112: