Ernie Ball CRNR Slash
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you go to sell beloved-but-not needed gear?

Quote Originally Posted by silverman View Post
    For me, Reverb left a bad taste in my mouth after I listed an offset mustang for the lowest price that I would take. I got messaged by many people, but they all wanted to chisel me down for seemingly insignificant amounts (Like 10$). I didn't take any offers, because I was a little offended by the disregard the potential buyers had for the "List price is final" written in my description.

I suppose I should have listed it for more than I wanted so people could have felt like they won out on a negotiation.
    I almost always list for at least $50-$75 more than what I actually want and check the Make an Offer button. Every item I've sold has gone for at least what I really wanted to get out of it, and a couple for more. I got a full price offer on one guitar that was $100 over what I was hoping to get out of it. You've got to play the game, but fortunately, it's pretty easy to win.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Ugh, I hate the game. I always list higher as well, so the other party can "win" some.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Ugh, I hate the game. I always list higher as well, so the other party can "win" some.
    Beej I hear you man it's like buying a car!!!!

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

I'm just not built for haggling.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I'm just not built for haggling.
    I know the feeling. I despise buying a car and always feel like I got cheated. I don't haggle, though. If the offer hits the price I've got in mind, I accept. If not, I decline. Same thing when I'm buying from someone. I offer what I'm willing to pay. If they accept it, we do the deal, if not, I move on.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by spychocyco View Post
    I've had great experiences on Reverb buying and selling. eBay has been a mixed bag. As a buyer, I've noticed the descriptions on eBay tend to be a little less accurate. I've never gotten anything but scams on Craigslist and super lowball trade offers on Facebook. (I'm really interested in your Monarchy Majesty. I've got a First Act and a 10-watt Line 6 amp, would you trade for either? )
    Lol!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    ---

Luke 1 - Pearl Red
    Luke 1 - Pearl Blue
    Luke 2 - Pearl Purple
    Luke 2 - Black Sparkle
    Luke 2 - PDN Green Sparkle
    Luke 2 - BFR Trans Purple Quilt
    Luke 2 - PDN Starry Night
    Luke 2 - PDN Starry Night (MH)
    Luke 2 - BFR Island Burst
    Luke 2 - Dargie Delight 1
    Luke 2 - Sapphire Black
    Luke 2 - Sledge
    Luke 2 - Red Pearl
    Luke 2 - BFR True Gold
    Luke 2 - True Gold (MH)
    Luke 2 - Carbon Blue Pearl
    Luke 3 - PDN Tumescent

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Jay are you trying to PhotoBucket? If so, you have to pay in order to be able to post them places I dumped my account after almost 20 years.

Glenn |B)

No, I stopped using them as well but did know they were charging now. I have pics on my computer and phone. Iím selling all of my EBMM and SBMM guitars and basses except for the breast cancer awareness bass. For some reason though I canít add photos anymore on here and even if I pull images from posts that Iíve made on forums that I can insert the image info between the [img] and then the photo address in here, [\img] it still wonít let me.

Iím getting good responses from Reverb and also may put them on a few other online instrument sales sites.
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck
    ALL INSTRUMENTS NOW FOR SALE

Outside of local sales (tear....my beloved R7....tear), Reverb.com has been good to me.

Funny that we are talking about this, I just yesterday sold my wah pedal, I was asking X, they offered me (low ball) Y, I countered with Z, sold! I told the guy if I'm gonna sell it for that little $$ I'll keep it.

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    No, I stopped using them as well but did know they were charging now. I have pics on my computer and phone. I’m selling all of my EBMM and SBMM guitars and basses except for the breast cancer awareness bass. For some reason though I can’t add photos anymore on here and even if I pull images from posts that I’ve made on forums that I can insert the image info between the [img] and then the photo address in here, [\img] it still won’t let me.

I’m getting good responses from Reverb and also may put them on a few other online instrument sales sites.
    Jay that's so weird PM me a link to some image you have online I'll see if I can post it, I post images all the time with the tags and never have any problems.

Where are you hosting these days? I just started using IMGBB and IMGur I got an app that let me download all of my pictures from PhotoSuckIt and I just need to clean out the account and delete it.

Glenn |B)

My EVH, JP6 and Albert lee guitars all sold without hassle and without me advertising, because people approached me and it was the right time at the right price. Other smaller stuff via FB and on e bay.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112: