EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morse Y2D in Tobacco Burst?

User Info Menu

Steve Morse Y2D in Tobacco Burst?

Hello All

Long time EB user, been playing a JP6 standard, loaded Mystic Dream for years. Can't even consider buying a new guitar other than a Ball

That being said as my music tastes diversify and change, I've been really gassing for a hardtail, BFR type beauty. Started doing some research and found some amazing pics of a Steve Morse Y2D style Darkloard and what I'm guessing to be some one off Tobacco bursts.

My question is: how can I order a Steve Morse Y2D in Tobacco Burst, quilt top, matching HS? What kind of effort would I need to convince EB to do this lol I just can't get the guitar out of my head. I'm dreaming about it for god sake. It's consuming me. LOL

Anyhoo, if anyone has any insight into those guitars, when they were available for order or when they might be again that would be great.

Thank You
    Matt

User Info Menu

Let's see the pictures you found, I'm curious?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

There was a PDN run I believe that was tobacco burst as well.

MUSIC MAN Steve Morse Y2D PDN Vint. Tobacco Burst | eBay

Like that?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

If it's a discontinued one, then your only hope is to keep an eye open in the for sale thread and scour the web. Reverb, EvilBay and such.

You never know you might find a dealer with something NOS, it's happened before, but chances are your gonna have to hunt.

Sorry, you never know. Good luck, Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    There was a PDN run I believe that was tobacco burst as well.

MUSIC MAN Steve Morse Y2D PDN Vint. Tobacco Burst | eBay

Like that?

Glenn |B)
    OMG im drooling! I haven’t gassed for a guitar since my JP6!!!! If I could order one new right now, it would be an instant trigger pull.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much Glenn! Fingers crossed.

User Info Menu

That one is still available from the looks of it, but it's in Europe, but hey, how bad do you want it man? Message them see if they'll ship to Canada.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

You've seen this right?

Welcome to the Morseum!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

You've seen this right?

Welcome to the Morseum!

Glenn |B)
    It’s heavenly, does he offer tours?!

User Info Menu

I'm sure he'll be around and he;ll answer your question. You never know what some might have some info on one. There are loads of Purple Sunset Y2D's out there. And still some PDN runs out there, there are a bunch in Europe (again), like this place.

Music Man Guitars | ProMusicTools

These are the ones on Reverb.

"y2d" Gear | Reverb

What's your price range?

User Info Menu

Talking

I'm sure he'll be around and he;ll answer your question. You never know what some might have some info on one. There are loads of Purple Sunset Y2D's out there. And still some PDN runs out there, there are a bunch in Europe (again), like this place.

Music Man Guitars | ProMusicTools

These are the ones on Reverb.

"y2d" Gear | Reverb

What's your price range?
    WOW thanks Glenn, that Dark Lord Price Range is flexible, I mean I would be willing to order one new, whatever that cost is, around $3500 cdn.

User Info Menu

Hey man, no problem, I love to search.

Good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

P.S. I've been intrigued by the Morse Y2D lately myself, but negative funds save me from shopping.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Not quite Tobacco or Y2D, but the BFR Caramel Burst limited edition Morse ... niiiiiiice.

Ernie Ball Music Man Steve Morse LIMITED BFR Caramel Burst | Reverb

User Info Menu

Don't forget that tobacco burst was one of the 3 original colors of the Y2D, along with purple sunset and de-purple burst. That being said I don't remember when tobacco burst was discontinued; it had to be at least 5-6 years ago if not longer.