Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Majesty Tremolo Arm

User Info Menu

Majesty Tremolo Arm

Greetings, all. I was just wondering: is there a way to lower the trem arm on a Majesty so that it's closer to the body? My fingers aren't super-long, so trying to grab it quickly while playing a quick passage can be a bit of a hassle.

User Info Menu

Hi Rick: I think the only way would be to cut it
    Rick

'16 EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream

User Info Menu

You can tighten it as much as you like, in order for the vibrato bar not to be loose and thus away from your reach. Are you familiar with how to do it?

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Welcome fellow Columbus player! There are two set screws on the trem block - one on the backside under the bridge plate loosens/tightens the swing. You can access that by pressing down on the trem arm lifting the backside of the bridge. The second is on the bottomside of the trem block. To adjust it, you will need to remove the trem cavitity cover on the back of the guitar. I BELIEVE that adjustment will give you a little up & down adjustment, but that I am not 100% positive on and would suggest you contact Music Man customer service to verify.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

The depth screw underneath the block sets the maximum depth of how far in the bar goes before it catches the retaining spring. The spring itself is not adjustable. If you back out the depth screw a bit then you may be able to insert the bar a little deeper (past the spring), but it won't necessarily latch into place.

I've put a few trem bars into a big vise and bent them for a smaller/wider angle - this may be the way to go if the above doesn't work. Make sure you tape or wrap the bar to avoid marring the finish when it's in the vise.

FWIW, I've also noticed that the bar on the Majesty feels almost as if it is in a different location (in/out) compared to my regular JP6s and JP11.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    The depth screw underneath the block sets the maximum depth of how far in the bar goes before it catches the retaining spring. The spring itself is not adjustable. If you back out the depth screw a bit then you may be able to insert the bar a little deeper (past the spring), but it won't necessarily latch into place.

I've put a few trem bars into a big vise and bent them for a smaller/wider angle - this may be the way to go if the above doesn't work. Make sure you tape or wrap the bar to avoid marring the finish when it's in the vise.

FWIW, I've also noticed that the bar on the Majesty feels almost as if it is in a different location (in/out) compared to my regular JP6s and JP11.
    Thank you for clarifying that Pete.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information, everybody! I think I may just buy an extra arm and experiment with modifying it.