EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: NGD-90's Silhouette

NGD-90's Silhouette

Picked up a great deal from GC used on this 90's Silhouette. I have a SN request into CS as there is different dates listed on the guitar. I think it is a 95, but will see what they say. It is a trans white, but very much a Mary Kay White with rosewood board and awesome birdseye maple neck. The neck is gloss finished, not sure if that is original or if someone had it done, but looks pro. Nice grain on the body and looks to be one piece ash. Not the original pickups in the picture, but the originals where in the case as well as knobs etc. which surprised me, I knew when I bought it from the pictures at GC.com they had been replaced.

Below is what I have been able to pull from the guitar after taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning.

Neck date Jan-8-1992
    Body date Feb-8-1994
    Color listed at WHT.T in neck pocket
    Initials on the neck look to be JB and maybe KD. Closer to the neck pocket it looks like SPCA, all in pencil
    The tone pot has a white sticker on it with the date of Nov. 13th 95 and the initials RSB

Guitar looks new, but does have a little fret wear. Has the recessed plate, which I always liked. Great player and got a great deal as the sales guy at GC was concerned about a tiny finish crack in the neck pocket, but very small and no big deal to me and he knocked off $100 bucks without me even trying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD-90's Silhouette-sl-6-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-sl-5-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-sl-4-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-sl-3-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-sl-2-jpg  

Last edited by Axis Sport; 05-07-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Congratulations, enjoy playing!!

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY Royal Red
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Silver

What a fantastic find! I;ve always wanted some kind of Silhouette with a trans white body. And that neck figuring, nice!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Thanks all, the trans white seems to be a pretty rare color during these times.

I agree with DrKev, congrats really great looking Silo. Make sure you post your pictures to the Silo Thread.

Show me your Silo!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Will do and thanks.

I love that finish. Really great find.

This is what CS came up with for the guitar, maybe a NAMM show guitar? Interesting that it has a 92 neck, 94 body and 95 on the tone pots. Where they doing gloss on the necks back then or maybe that is original as well.

This Silhouette was completed on November 17th, 1995. The color comes up in the database as "Special" which just means it was something different from our standard offerings. It has the Rosewood fretboard. It was originally shipped to our Marketing Department.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD-90's Silhouette-silo-5-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-silo-4-jpg   NGD-90's Silhouette-silo-3-jpg  
    Last edited by Axis Sport; 05-07-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Gloss on the neck? Don't think so, but that was a little bit before my fandom.

Oh, and nice guitar!
    I believe every guitar player inherently has something unique about their playing. They just have to identify what makes them different and develop it. EVH

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    Gloss on the neck? Don't think so, but that was a little bit before my fandom.

Oh, and nice guitar!
    Customer Service said the below and stated something different from their standard offering so seems to be a possibility, looks original to me, but who knows.

This Silhouette was completed on November 17th, 1995. The color comes up in the database as "Special" which just means it was something different from our standard offerings. It has the Rosewood fretboard. It was originally shipped to our Marketing Department.