Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: I think it is fair time gentlemen,

H-O-T!!! Probably the only AL I'd ever consider. Love it
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    See, I'd have never gone for a Starry Night (or any sparkle finish) but that's just me. But yes, Neptune Blue was great. The Honey Roast PDN before it was also awesome.
    Hated the honey roast lol. So cool that we all love different things.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

If I was sitting on the coin to buy this run (and I'm not) and saw that orange, it's actually the matching headstock that would most turn me away from this one. Orange isn't one of my favorite colors, but I still have to say that's a beautiful guitar on the whole. I like the block inlays as a change-up, and the flame on the neck of the one that was posted is stunning. A roasted, natural headstock would make it way better to my eyes, but as alluded to above, there are many unique tastes for such things. Some folks are going to get stellar ALs out of this offering.
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

Hey Glenn, that's the same Albert in the BFR room, just different lighting I guess. Who knew the two guys who love sparkle Albert's wouldn't like ORANGE CRUSH!!!

Magic, we'll get more adventurous on the single model BFR's than we did on the line wide PDN's.
    "Scott Moreno"

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Well form this picture it looks like there maybe another sometime this year (looking at the St Vincent) and the Blue Dawn Cutlass.

Glenn |B)
    To echo what Scott said, that AL on the wall is the Orange Crush, just funky color shifting in that photo. Additionally, all the other colors in that photo besides the black SR are very different shades in person.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

I am now eagerly waiting for that Cutlass...

Thanks for this great piece of news Scott. There was indeed no way to guess Orange wouldn't be the most popular choice. But it is a very different guitar, so good job, MM. I'm already savin' for the next one. Warmest regards to everyone at MM.
    Ps : May I, once again, suggest an sss koa AL?
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin View Post
    Hey Glenn, that's the same Albert in the BFR room, just different lighting I guess. Who knew the two guys who love sparkle Albert's wouldn't like ORANGE CRUSH!!!

Magic, we'll get more adventurous on the single model BFR's than we did on the line wide PDN's.
    Scott, that not true I love the color 100%!!!!! Just a negative cash flow period for me, it's been a tough year so far. My only hang up is the matching heads stock, but that's always been my issue. Please keep doing these they are great!!!

Single model???

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Glenn, sell me your Dargie to fund this one...
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Glenn, sell me your Dargie to fund this one...
    Hahahahaha MJ I wish I could,. but I sold the Dargie Luke years ago, something that I regret doing to this day. Actually if memory serves me right I sold it s a guy in France.

I love the ones that I have and so funding is a major issue for me as well. Also, BP's quote in my signature says it all.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

I've grown to like more vibrant colors and sparkles on my guitars in recent years, so I love this. I'm with MJ on the honey burst. I really dislike the brown/yellow-type finishes -- honey burst, tobacco burst, etc. -- always have. Different strokes.

I really just need someone to get me a better pic of that denim blue-looking Axis that's behind the Stingray.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Won't thrill everyone, sure, but it doesn't have to. BFR runs are not exercises in crowd pleasing. There are only 75 pieces being made. Every small BFR run will sell all instruments to people who love 'em. It's all cool.
    One point of clarity: If I understood A.J. correctly, like last year's BFRs, the number produced on each of these BFR models is not arbitrary. It is the number of units ordered by dealers at NAMM in the secret room. So 75 were ordered by people who thought they could find happy owners. Scott or A.J., can you confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    One point of clarity: If I understood A.J. correctly, like last year's BFRs, the number produced on each of these BFR models is not arbitrary. It is the number of units ordered by dealers at NAMM in the secret room. So 75 were ordered by people who thought they could find happy owners. Scott or A.J., can you confirm?

That is an interesting question! Thanks Jeff!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Single model???
    I read that as, "This Orange Crush finish was only going on the AL HH, so we'll get more adventurous with that than we would a PDN run that was offered across most of the lineup." Not 100% sure I follow the logic there, since both cases are build-to-order only, but that's what I took his statement to mean.
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

Correct Jones! We almost didn't bring the AL since we had it pegged for about 30...it ended up being 75 which will be a nice chunk of AL sales. Would you use your best/favorite.most digestible finish for a line wide offering or a smaller niche one?
    "Scott Moreno"