Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page

Thread: Nerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan

Nerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan

Hey all!
    Just a very quick question, I purchased the Sterling Valentine and I love the quality and tone,
    the only minor gripe is the fret height, it seems a lot shorter than I am used to

On the website it's just listed as "narrow" width but no word on the height

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a big difference (fret height wise) between the sterling version and the MM version?

I'd love to buy the new tremolo valentine, this is just the tiny thing that is holding me back,

Thanks for your time,
    Pat

I don't have an SBMM to compare it to but my EBMM Valentine frets appear to be just about 1mm.
    Nerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-21-53-pm-jpgNerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-22-14-pm-jpgNerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-22-28-pm-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RichieZ View Post
    I don't have an SBMM to compare it to but my EBMM Valentine frets appear to be just about 1mm.
    Nerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-21-53-pm-jpgNerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-22-14-pm-jpgNerdy tech question, Sterling vs MusicMan-screen-shot-2018-05-14-6-22-28-pm-jpg
    that's so nice of you to go to all that trouble, thank you so much I really appreciate it

No problem... hope it helps. To me the frets feel, size wise, a lot like modern Fenders. Certainly not low.