Ernie Ball Cables

Thread: Sting Ray and Cutlas RS Must be selling like crazy

Sting Ray and Cutlas RS Must be selling like crazy

I ordered a Sting Rays RS with maple board last month. It's been backordered since. At first It was looking like I might get mine in late May, now It looks like November.

I've noticed that the models with rosewood boards are available at a few places but the maple boards seem to be sold out.

Looks like people are loving these roasted maple necks/boards!

How could you not Terry, I've got a BFR AL with the roasted and I love it, great. I love the other necks as well,

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    How could you not Terry, I've got a BFR AL with the roasted and I love it, great. I love the other necks as well,

Glenn |B)
    My first EBMM was my Valentine, what an amazing instrument. The neck is glorious. I ordered the Sting Ray RS within 4 months of receiving the Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry007 View Post
    My first EBMM was my Valentine, what an amazing instrument. The neck is glorious. I ordered the Sting Ray RS within 4 months of receiving the Valentine.

Nice Terry that's how it starts. For me it was a Silo Special and went from there, hahahahahaha. I've got 4 and that's a pretty good number for a lousy messerarounder like myself.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Blog Entries
    rosewood is nearly impossible with Cites CITES
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

I just got an update, and my Sting Ray shipped yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I really hope that they revise the regulations soon, especially considering that the musical instrument trade is a drop in the bucket compared to the furniture flooding into eastern Asia. I wonder if there is anywhere in the US that would be suitable for a rosewood farm. Probably not.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Are the new models Cutlass and Stingray not going to have rosewood fret boards?

Glenn |B)

Congrats!! You are gonna love the Stingray RS! I LOVE mine! Fabulous guitar!