Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt

Thread: Which pots and switch do I need?

User Info Menu

Which pots and switch do I need?

I'd like to convert my Albert Lee HH to a 3 way switch and push pull pots for coil taps like the special edition version that came out a while back. Which pots and switch should I buy?

User Info Menu

All these parts are fairly standard and not Music Man specific. The pots are 500k.

User Info Menu

Stew Mac sells the parts your looking for. I've never bought from them before, but they seem to have a pretty good selection.

Components + Parts | stewmac.com

AllParts seems to have a good selection as well and again never bought from them either.

Guitar Electronics | Allparts.com

Hope it helps, Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 06-07-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I've used these guys: Guitar Electronics Parts & Wiring Diagrams | GuitarElectronics.com
    And really like these guys: Amplified Parts

However, I almost always get the best deals on ebay.... but you need to know what you're looking for.
    If you're just keeping the stock humbuckers and simplifying the switching to a 3-way (which seems like a waste of time to me, but hey...), then a couple of 500k pots and a quality 3-way Tele switch. Watch out that the shafts on the pots will work with the knobs you plan to use... there are a few different choices.
    Balls are Best!!