Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Valentine Trem: What are the four internal potis for? How to adjust the bridge?

User Info Menu

Valentine Trem: What are the four internal potis for? How to adjust the bridge?

Hi,
    I got a new Valentine Trem! It's a awsome guitar and I'm sure we are getting old together!
    But I have two questions:
    1. What are the four internal trim potis for?
    2. How to adjust that bridge? There is that ashtrayish thing, which I can not take off. How do I get access to the screws of the riders? That bridge is completely new to me...
    thanks
    Last edited by sigitar; 06-17-2018 at 08:34 AM.

User Info Menu

There are holes inline with the saddle screws to insert an allen wrench to adjust the intonation.
    On the trim pots, I'm going from memory here on the 4 trim pots so there is a very good chance that this answer is wrong.
    One is for the boost. One is for the volume difference between the humbucker and split humbucker. One is for the amount of hum reduction on the bridge pickup and one for the hum on the split humbucker.
    I am 100% sure I'm not in the right order on the pots.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your answer!
    My screwdriver is much to big for that tiny holes. Unfortunately there is no corresponding tool with it.
    also it is very strange that there comes no description for the internal trim potis.
    although there is a sheet how to change the battery.
    thanks again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sigitar View Post
    Thanks for your answer!
    also it is very strange that there comes no description for the internal trim potis.
    although there is a sheet how to change the battery.
    thanks again
    It’s probably not meant to be touched unless you know what you’re doing. Hence no mention in the manual.

User Info Menu

Check out post 11.

Question about my Valentine

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sigitar View Post
    My screwdriver is much to big for that tiny holes. Unfortunately there is no corresponding tool with it.
    If you are referring to the 6 holes at the back of the bridge cover that are used to access saddle intonation adjustment, the tool is a 5/64 inch hex key/allen key.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP