Ernie Ball CRNR Slash
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke III Tumescent Autograph Rubbed Off

I was suprised it sat there with out someone jumping on it. Then I noticed the missing sig so I started thinking that was the reason which started this thread. I was told by the previous owner that he played it about 5 hours and the signature wore off but Im fine with that. I havent bought a guitar since 2012 when I got two Axis’s one brand new and have loved them as my main guitars ever since. The sound and playability and the rediculously great customer service I have personally experienced spoiled me to spend my money only playing Music Man instruments. They might not be the best option for everyone but for me they are the best company. This is number 29 of 300,I am pretty excited to get it.
    Last edited by jl2112; 06-30-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Nice congrats!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Yeah, had I seen this deal I would have bought it.

Heck Toto is almost on a perpetual tour. Getting Luke to sign it again (and keeping the back plate OFF the guitar) would be the least of my worries. I've played one and seen Luke play one live.

It is truly a monster variant of the LIII series. I hope to get one at some point.

I looked into getting VIP access to get it signed since they are coming pretty soon but they were already sold out. It’s still going to be a great guitar regardless. It should be here Monday. I’m glad I saw it before you did lol.

You were just lucky the seller didn't ship international! I asked!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Ah, I waited a little bit asking questions. Lucky for me he didn't ship international or I would have been kicking myself for hesitating and letting it get away lol.

You got a fantastic deal. Enjoy it now!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by jlbasscatcher View Post
    Note to self. Keep a better eye on Reverb.
    Maybe, maybe not for me. All Ive seen on there lately is the prices skyrocketing. People are wanting damn near new prices for stuff.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Just out of curiosity, does the trem cover have ### out of 300 engraved in it?

Just find a picture of another. Print out a picture to scale. Cut out the area with the signature and use a silver paint pen. DONE.

Or, just don't worry about it.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by jlbasscatcher View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does the trem cover have “### out of 300” engraved in it?
    Yes, it is engraved as well as a letter of authenticity with the production date, number of production, and serial number.

I never really paid any attention before this thread but now I realize mind is rubbing off as well. Fortunately for me it did not change the sound of the guitar and either way its still a Luke!

Yeah, it still sounds really good without the signature lol. I just need to adjust the trem posts down a bit I believe, the front of the bridge is about 2mm off the body, then it will be perfect.

Just be careful when you do that, make sure there is absolutely no tension between the bridge and the posts when you start turning those posts because you do not want to dull the knife edge