EBMM Stingray bass green

View Poll Results: What should DrKev do? (multiple answers allowed)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silhouette Special

1 5.26%
  • Cutlass RS HSS

13 68.42%
  • Albert Lee HH

7 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need your thoughts...

User Info Menu

I vote HH AL.

I have a Silo Spec and a HHAL and between the two of them they cover a lot of ground. However, the feel of the HHAL's Rosewood neck is out of this world. Roasted maple is nice and easily my 2nd favorite wood choice, but there is nothing like the feel of solid Rosewood AND Due to CITES who knows if and when it will go away? Grab one while you can... you won't regret it.

I'd still vote HHAL if they changed it to a roasted maple neck, overall its an amazing guitar
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    I vote HH AL.

I have a Silo Spec and a HHAL and between the two of them they cover a lot of ground. However, the feel of the HHAL's Rosewood neck is out of this world. Roasted maple is nice and easily my 2nd favorite wood choice, but there is nothing like the feel of solid Rosewood AND Due to CITES who knows if and when it will go away? Grab one while you can... you won't regret it.

I'd still vote HHAL if they changed it to a roasted maple neck, overall its an amazing guitar
    I agree with you Stratty, the AL HH and the Silo Special are quite the pair together and do cover a lot.

Hahahahaha, I voted for all, as you aren't gonna go wrong with any of them. Since you've already got a Silo Special and you can always snag a used one at a great deal, try something different.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I voted AL HH though I have my eyes an silo special at the moment ahahahah
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    Nice do tell?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I don't understand you kids these days!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice do tell?

Glenn |B)
    seems that it won't happen I live in France, the guitar is in Japan and want him to ship in Japan in my family and he refuses. I will bring one from France next time I will go to Japan, less hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    I don't understand you kids these days!
    I'm already geared when'd it comes to HH guitars that's why I need more SSS but you need some HH flavor and the AL is such a nice design, you can't be wrong
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

seems that it won't happen I live in France, the guitar is in Japan and want him to ship in Japan in my family and he refuses. I will bring one from France next time I will go to Japan, less hassles.
    Well that's a bummer, sorry to hear that. What was the color and stuff?

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I'm already geared when'd it comes to HH guitars that's why I need more SSS but you need some HH flavor and the AL is such a nice design, you can't be wrong
    I totally agree with you here as well. DrKev, if oyu can score a really nice AL HH I have a feeling you'd become a fast lover of it. Though a AL MM90's is damn nice too.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Update:

Thanks for your votes and advice! Really appreciate it! But I'm kinda shocked - only one vote for the Silhouette Special? Anyway, I can't find one I like right now, and the roasted maple and stainless frets on the Cutlass is a winner. So Cutlass it is, HSS RS Ivory White. Sometime in August I hope. You can help me name it.

I may put a shell pickguard on it, just to be different.

Anyone have a source for custom gold anodized pickguards? 'Cause that could be taaaaaaasty!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Wow DrKev congrats on the selection!!

By the way I was the Silo special vote .

How about Pickguard Heaven??

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Update:

Thanks for your votes and advice! Really appreciate it! But I'm kinda shocked - only one vote for the Silhouette Special? Anyway, I can't find one I like right now, and the roasted maple and stainless frets on the Cutlass is a winner. So Cutlass it is, HSS RS Ivory White. Sometime in August I hope. You can help me name it.

Anyone have a source for custom gold anodized pickguards? 'Cause that could be taaaaaaasty!
    My choice: Dumbo!
    (Childrens beloved elephant in case its not universal. Is it?)
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Anyone have a source for custom gold anodized pickguards?
    Maybe these guys:

Tone-Guard(R)

EDIT sure looks like it:
    http://www.tone-guard.com/Custom%20O...ar_player.html
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlas SSS - Ivory White
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

See the world differently - HH AL my friend.
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Poll is closed, but I definitely would go with a Silhouette Special. The used tangerine on Reverb looks nice.

I understand the Cutlass selling well. More strat like dimensions and shape. But the SS has a sexier body shape imo, and the hardtail option is a winner for me (mine also has piezo). The Cutlass does have the roasted maple and SS frets, and the headstock being a tad bigger isn't a biggie. So I don't think you can go wrong! Sometimes you just gotta reinvent the wheel to get a fresh sales push going. Cutlass and Stingray seem to be doing that even though a SS or Al HH or Armada would have done the same things tonally.

I'm just glad to see MM having success so I know they will be around for a long long time. Who knows, I may get a Cutlass before it's over with!

User Info Menu

Update:

Yeah, 1 vote for Silo Spec because you already have a Silo Spec. If you had a HHAL I would brace voted Silo Spec as well.... although, everyone should have an Axis or 3.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)