EBMM Stingray bass pink

Thread: Does MusicMan's CS sell those cool trem-blocker plates they make for artist JPs?

Does MusicMan's CS sell those cool trem-blocker plates they make for artist JPs?

I've noticed them on some special JPs... They're a great way to definitely block a trem without relying on awkwardly-shaped woodblocks etc...
    Are they public-available? If I ask nicely and say pretty please perhaps?

For reference, THIS is what I mean:
    Does MusicMan's CS sell those cool trem-blocker plates they make for artist JPs?-mm_trem_block-jpg

Why not just get a Tremol-No?

Does the same thing.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

It's much more annoying to setup, and is not as efficient (e.g. there's still friction points, adjustments ot be made).
    I'd get a tremol-no if I wanted to switch between hardtail/dive-only/floating, but I only ever need the hardtail mode.

(though I'm looking at it more closely now and it does look as if that plate requires drilling, vs. just resting against the cavity back edge, which negates some of my expected benefits. Maybe just the bog standard trem stop Tremolo Stoppers is the right way to do it for me then)
    Last edited by Pott; 07-01-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Pott, where did you get the picture? To be honest that’s just a simple bent plate with a couple of sets of holes in it.

I’m curious.

Thanx, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Pretty sure that picture is from a listing for a JPX on Reverb, formerly owned by someone from Periphery.
    JP6 Pearl White born 1/11/11
    Majesty Monarchy Imperial Blue born 1/23/18
    Cutlass SSS Ivory White born 6/13/16
    Cutlass HSS Ivory White born 1/10/18
    Stingray RS Firemist Silver born 6/5/18
    Mesa Boogies

Yep! Someone is selling a JPX in silverburst for 8000 dollars. That plate must be made of painted gold eh
    Mark Holcomb EBMM JPX Custom Silverburst | Kenji's | Reverb
    Last edited by Pott; 07-04-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Wow $8000, damn!!!

I’m pretty sure it’s either aluminum or sheet steel. Hahahaha gold

Glenn |B)