Ernie Ball CRNR Jimmy Page

Thread: NGD: Luke III HSS

NGD: Luke III HSS

Love it! Single coils are quiet!! Pickup volumes across the spectrum are very even. Never had a guitar like that. Love my Suhr but volume dips in all positions. Sounds spectacular. Neck is amazing feeling. Frets and intonation are almost perfect. And, I really like this color!! So glad I made this move. Welcome home!

NGD: Luke III HSS-11-jpg
    NGD: Luke III HSS-neck-jpg

NGD: Luke III HSS-3-jpg

Nice!!! I'm pretty sure the singles are stacked, probably based off the Dimarzio "area" series of noiseless singles. They have a great single coil sound with NO HUM. WOOP.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Congrats and welcome to the family! Now that you're here you'll never go back .
    EBMM 25th Anniversary G47729 DOB 8/5/2009
    EBMM Stingray RS G84600 DOB 3/20/2018
    SBMM SUB AX4 Duncan JB/Jazz pups SD pots StoneTone Rock Block trem block upgrade
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Nice!!! I'm pretty sure the singles are stacked, probably based off the Dimarzio "area" series of noiseless singles. They have a great single coil sound with NO HUM. WOOP.
    That was my first thought but I have Areas in a couple of different guitars and these just sound better. Don't know what it is but the single coils sound fantastic on this guitar. I'm really blown away. Maybe it's just the honeymoon talking but if it is, I ain't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the family! Now that you're here you'll never go back .
    Thank you. I knew I liked EB but now I don't understand how I've waited this long to pull the trigger on one. I gotta say, my GAS was really for a PRS because, well, I just wanted one. But their necks don't agree with me. Same with Les Pauls even though I have a slim taper Classic that is bearable. But after playing the Luke (and quite a few other EB models) I knew the neck was for me. It is just sublime. As I side note, I really like the EVH neck as well just not quite as much.

Very nice congrats and welcome!!!

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

Congratulations!! Very pretty finish on that one, and what a neck =)

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    MAJESTY Polar Noir
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost (on order)
    MAJESTY Iced Crimson
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Matte Silver

Played first gig with it Sat night. It was absolutely phenomenal. Stayed in tune. All switch positions being pretty much the same volume is an incredible game changer for me. It looked awesome, played awesome, sounded awesome. Not sure what else I can ask from a guitar.

Congrats! I need to get around to posting a NGD on mine