Ernie Ball CRNR Slash

Thread: JP15 - position to split coils to use either a neck or bridge single coil pickup?

JP15 - position to split coils to use either a neck or bridge single coil pickup?

I am wondering if there is a way of using just one single coil pickup on the JP15.

I know that if I am in position 2 and I pull up on the mag tone I can use both a single neck pick up and single bridge pick up in parallel. I've tried putting the guitar in position 3 or 1 and then pulling up the mag tone, but it doesn't seem to be different than just putting the guitar in position 3 or 1 and not pulling up the mag tone. It is possible that I'm not hearing the difference. But the instructions on the JP15 control diagram (01-01-2016) does not show explicitly how to use only one single pickup so I'd like to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

There is no option for what you are asking. The electronics are designed so that only position 2 has the additional option of splitting the coils. You would have to intervene in order to be able to split the hum buckers in positions 1 and 3.

JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    MONARCHY MAJESTY Royal Red
    MONARCHY MAJESTY 7 Black Knight
    NOMAC MAJESTY #11 Timeworn Silver

That's one of my only gripes with the JP15. There IS a coil-split, but only for one third of the available positions.
    I guess it's how JP wanted it, but it feels like a missed opportunity at no cost to the customer.