Ready to Roar

Thread: JP15 Output Issue?

User Info Menu

JP15 Output Issue?

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a teal quilt top JP15 and love the guitar, but I noticed there's a little bit of signal leaking through when I have the switches set to magnetic pickups, the magnetic pickup volume all the way down, and the piezo volume turned up. The signal goes away completely once I turn the piezo volume down all the way. Does that happen with all JP15s, or does mine have an issue?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Mines does that as well, however, if I turn the piezo volume down just a little bit, say 10% or less, the volume on it drops to zero.

User Info Menu

Mine also does this
    JP15 Quilt Sahara Burst #G59089 (02 Nov 15)

Progressive Metal Band: Metanoia
    www.facebook.com/wearemetanoiaband
    www.instagram.com/wearemetanoia/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ieso View Post
    Mines does that as well, however, if I turn the piezo volume down just a little bit, say 10% or less, the volume on it drops to zero.
    That's what mine is doing. I'm glad to hear this is normal.

Another question: What are your opinions on the Illuminator pickups? I really like the tone overall, but they just seem a bit muddy on the low end when I'm playing high gain stuff. I've thought about putting a pickup spring underneath so I can see if raising the pickups helps with that. Too bad they aren't adjustable from the factory.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saxman42 View Post
    That's what mine is doing. I'm glad to hear this is normal.

Another question: What are your opinions on the Illuminator pickups? I really like the tone overall, but they just seem a bit muddy on the low end when I'm playing high gain stuff. I've thought about putting a pickup spring underneath so I can see if raising the pickups helps with that. Too bad they aren't adjustable from the factory.
    What is your amplification situation? I've not had any problems or been dissatisfied. I play a lot of leads with the neck pickup and generally find that it works fantastic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ieso View Post
    What is your amplification situation? I've not had any problems or been dissatisfied. I play a lot of leads with the neck pickup and generally find that it works fantastic.
    I have a few amps, but I'm mostly using a Mesa Boogie JP2C or an EVH 5150 III 50W 6L6 through a Mesa 4x12. It sounds pretty good with the JP2C since it's such a tight amp, but it's still not nearly as tight as I'm used to with other guitars.