Everlast

Thread: Adjusting the Silent Circuit?

User Info Menu

Adjusting the Silent Circuit?

Finally got the new pickgaurd and pickups in my new Cutlass and was wondering if anyone has bothered trying to adjust the silent circuit? It might be my imagination but the new pickup/pickgaurd assembly seems to have a little bit more noise than to original that was sent back due to squealing single coils.

I've circled what looks to be the adjustment doodad - is this what gets turned?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adjusting the Silent Circuit?-ebmm-silentcircuit-jpg  

User Info Menu

No, it is the two tan mini trim pots near the tone pot and there is a specific setting that EB can provide. Turning the pots the slightest amount can make a tremendous difference. Testing via multimeter would be taken between points on the PCB makes TP & TPA, and TP & TPB.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    No, it is the two tan mini trim pots near the tone pot and there is a specific setting that EB can provide. Turning the pots the slightest amount can make a tremendous difference. Testing via multimeter would be taken between points on the PCB makes TP & TPA, and TP & TPB.
    Thank you - I'll go back to listening and tweaking pedals.