Ernie Ball CRNR Keith Richards
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy checking in with a question....

guy asks for neck profiles and no one posted this?
    I want Knuckleheads to volunteer - neck profile project.
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    That's because we knew you'd handle it Banjo.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    So unplugged these things are beautiful!!! Yah there are some vintage yellow ones out there and such. There are a lot of the Trans Walnut ones out there as well. The ones with the Tele style knobs are usual GC specials, they have a coil tap. Nice feature to have. Keep an eye on Reverb.com, deals seem to come up there more that EvilBay. Good luck in your search.

Glenn |B)
    Glenn, first off, thank you very much for all your info and interest in helping. It's greatly appreciated. Just to be clear, you're saying if the HH has Tele type knobs that's an indicator the guitar has a tap? Is there any other way to identify that feature? You're right, it would be a very handy thing to have, and even if I buy one without, it will get one. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    WOW! what a fantastic thread! Thank you banjoplayer....ver ver much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Greg View Post
    Glenn, first off, thank you very much for all your info and interest in helping. It's greatly appreciated. Just to be clear, you're saying if the HH has Tele type knobs that's an indicator the guitar has a tap? Is there any other way to identify that feature? You're right, it would be a very handy thing to have, and even if I buy one without, it will get one. Thanks again!
    Greg, not a problem and glad to help. Not really to the best of my knowledge. Though people like me prefer the Tele style knobs even when a guitar doesn't have a coil tap. My AL HH doesn't have one, but I've been planning on adding it, just can't ever seem to find the time.

Good luck, Greg they are out there it's just a matter of find the one for you. Remember that if you buy from GC they'll ship from one location to one close by you to check it out before you buy it.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

Thumbs up

Greg, not a problem and glad to help. Not really to the best of my knowledge. Though people like me prefer the Tele style knobs even when a guitar doesn't have a coil tap. My AL HH doesn't have one, but I've been planning on adding it, just can't ever seem to find the time.

Good luck, Greg they are out there it's just a matter of find the one for you. Remember that if you buy from GC they'll ship from one location to one close by you to check it out before you buy it.

Glenn |B)
    Yep, that's one thing good about GC...one.

Yep, that's one thing good about GC...one.
    Hahahahaha, that's how I got my first all MM90's. It had been floating around the GC's since 2001. I got it as NOS, great guitar at a super buy. But EBMM fixed up the issues with it, fret sprout and stuff and it was better than new.

Well they're discounts can really be pretty good. Just remember that EBMM's come with a case, the last thing you wanna do is be getting stuck buys a case. That's new of course. Hopefully the used ones have them too.

Glenn |B)

Hahahahaha, that's how I got my first all MM90's. It had been floating around the GC's since 2001. I got it as NOS, great guitar at a super buy. But EBMM fixed up the issues with it, fret sprout and stuff and it was better than new.

Well they're discounts can really be pretty good. Just remember that EBMM's come with a case, the last thing you wanna do is be getting stuck buys a case. That's new of course. Hopefully the used ones have them too.

Glenn |B)
    You got it! I crack jokes at their expense a lot, but in all honesty I've gotten a few really nice guitars for a good deal exactly as you describe. I'm looking at a couple of ALs right now from them. They have a good return policy, and I do like to have them ship something to a local-to-me store so I can try before I buy. There's good and bad with 'em all, just like folks.

Well, after looking, lusting, and lurking I found one that fit the bill. So there's a NGD in my future soon. I expect to have it sometime next week (UPS/FEDEX, do NOT go on strike!). Ivory White 2012 AL HH. I am pretty sure it's one of the GC models because 1. Tele knobs 2. GC store that had it said it had been bought new there and traded back in. I'm pretty excited. Thanks again to you all for the welcome and the advice/thoughts. it's appreciated!

Good colour choice
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlas SSS - Ivory White
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

Greg, that's excellent man congrats, can't wait to see it.

Glenn |B)

Congrats! A GC special AL is one of the most versatile electric guitars on the planet.
    As long as you like how it plays / feels after you set it up to your specs, you'll be very happy...
    Balls are Best!!

Thanks folks. I am happy to have gotten hold of it. GC already has it packed and ready to pick up. And of course, I paid the extra $10 for 2 day shipping...so Monday or Tuesday....I think I feel a fever comin on!

Thanks folks. I am happy to have gotten hold of it. GC already has it packed and ready to pick up. And of course, I paid the extra $10 for 2 day shipping...so Monday or Tuesday....I think I feel a fever comin on!
    You'll love it! Great choice!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Good colour choice