Mega Primo Mammoth

Thread: If the Stealth Cutlass RS had the unfinished roasted neck...

User Info Menu

If the Stealth Cutlass RS had the unfinished roasted neck...

I'd already have one. And I'd beg for a 7-string version *swoon*

Oooor I guess I COULD get a Stealth and a non-Stealth... and swap the necks...
    Though it seems there's no non-Stealth colors where an all black neck would look good.

Speaking of neck: I really, really shouldn't, but oh man, that is nice: Ernie Ball Music Man Cutlass RS HSS Maple Fingerboard Guitar Firemist Silver 749699694359 | eBay

User Info Menu

You really should.

User Info Menu

I'm really glad you posted this as I've been borderline obsessed with the idea of a Stealth but haven't gotten to see one in person, and somehow completely missed the neck when looking online. Would have been an instant NO if I played in person and a major disappointment if I had ordered. Guess I gotta pay closer attention!!
    EBMM Morse Y2D Darklord
    EBMM Morse Signature
    EBMM Axis
    A variety of non EBMM

User Info Menu

Feels like a lost opportunity for me... Apparently the neck may be roasted under the coat, which does give MM an opportunity to use less-figured pieces for the Stealth. If that's the case, they'd contribute to keeping costs down, if only a little, which is good. But that's pure speculation!

User Info Menu

I don't really mind the matte finish on my St. Vincent Stealth at all. I was really on the fence and thought I would hate it but, it's fine. YMMV.
    EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!

User Info Menu

Oh I don't worry about the finish itself. I just do love them roasted necks is all
    The figuring is hit-or-miss on those Cutlasses/Stingrays, but the guitar are truly great instruments either way. The Stealth ones just miss-out on those gorgeous necks.
    Last edited by Pott; 08-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pott View Post
    Oh I don't worry about the finish itself. I just do love them roasted necks is all
    The figuring is hit-or-miss on those Cutlasses/Stingrays, but the guitar are truly great instruments either way. The Stealth ones just miss-out on those gorgeous necks.
    I'll agree with that. The neck on the Valentine is amazingly beautiful. I was fairly disappointed with the neck on my Sting Ray RS. There is not much gain to speak of, but my real issue is that it is a very very dark roast. So dark in fact that it's very difficult to see the fret markers in lower light situations. I don't mind the lack of flame as much as I wish is was lighter so I could play it more easily.

The cosmetics of the neck aside, it plays and feels amazing. I love the guitar, but I afraid I won't get as much use as I'd like.
    If the Stealth Cutlass RS had the unfinished roasted neck...-img_3291_zpsxdkgwhba-jpgIf the Stealth Cutlass RS had the unfinished roasted neck...-img_3290_zpstn9zityh-jpg
    Last edited by Terry007; 08-09-2018 at 12:08 PM.

User Info Menu

That looks lovely - love it when the roasted maple is really dark
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (SOLD)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green