The Vault
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Hardtail! Show some support!

  1. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gullymiles View Post
    I have an AL HH hardtail, and I absolutely love it. I mean, if I had a trem I might use it very occasionally, but I like being able to palm mute at the bridge, and personally I find that a lot easier with hardtail.

    (The AL HH is just the most wonderful comfortable guitar to play. The neck is amazing; it's like putting on a comfortable old pair of shoes. If you're looking for a hardtail guitar I'd totally recommend you check one out.)
    So let's see it!!!! It doesn't exist with pictures!!!

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  2. #17

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    So let's see it!!!! It doesn't exist with pictures!!!

    Glenn |B)
    OK fair enough this is a pic from when I'd just got it.
    Hardtail! Show some support!-alhh-jpg

  3. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gullymiles View Post
    OK fair enough this is a pic from when I'd just got it.
    Hardtail! Show some support!-alhh-jpg
    Nice!!!!

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  4. #19

    User Info Menu

    Not a trem guy. Every now and then I'll buy a guitar that has one because hardtails just aren't readily available. That is true of the Cutlass I just sold and the trem-equipped Axis SS SH that I'll sell when my hardtail 25th Anniversary arrives. I blocked the trem on the Axis and it still doesn't feel right, not nearly as right as my non-trem Axis SS.

    I've learned my lesson--wait for the non-trem version (if there is one...).
    Silhouette (2007), Sunburst
    Silo Special (2004), CAR
    AL HH (2011), Black
    Steve Morse (2013), Sunburst
    Assorted Fenders and G&Ls...

  5. #20

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjonz View Post
    Not a trem guy. Every now and then I'll buy a guitar that has one because hardtails just aren't readily available. That is true of the Cutlass I just sold and the trem-equipped Axis SS SH that I'll sell when my hardtail 25th Anniversary arrives. I blocked the trem on the Axis and it still doesn't feel right, not nearly as right as my non-trem Axis SS.

    I've learned my lesson--wait for the non-trem version (if there is one...).
    Please PM when you are ready to sell the Axis SS SH. Id love to have one of those, and may be in a place to buy one soon.
    "Musician, Heal Thyself!" -Ask me how!

  6. #21

    User Info Menu

    Hello, I'm new here. I picked up a '97 Trans Red Axis hardtail last weekend. It's a fantastic sounding guitar with a great neck, in excellent cosmetic condition. I've never owned an EBMM guitar, but I'm impressed with this one. It needs a minor fret dress (a few high frets) and a new nut (the slots are too deep--likely an amateur attempt to modify the original), but nothing unusual for a 23-year-old used guitar.

  7. #22

    User Info Menu

    Hi there,congrats to your new guitar. I am sure a 97Axis hardtail is a great choice!
    I personally love the earlier guitars: classic EBMM models with solid colours and no fancy tops.. .like Axis, Morses, ALs, silos and all that stuff. The quality of those older guitars is even as good as the new ones! I have a 94 hardtail AL and it is unimaginably good
    Have fun with it and maybe share a pic of it... without pics it doesnt exist!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

    My Band: Groove Bang

  8. #23

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
    Hello, I'm new here. I picked up a '97 Trans Red Axis hardtail last weekend. It's a fantastic sounding guitar with a great neck, in excellent cosmetic condition. I've never owned an EBMM guitar, but I'm impressed with this one. It needs a minor fret dress (a few high frets) and a new nut (the slots are too deep--likely an amateur attempt to modify the original), but nothing unusual for a 23-year-old used guitar.
    Nice quite a rare find, congrats and hard tails rule. My main player today is an AL SSS w/Trem but I had Pete D lock it down and is basically a hardtail, plays awesome.

  9. #24

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    Have fun with it and maybe share a pic of it... without pics it doesnt exist!
    Thanks. It's already at the shop to have the nut replaced. I haven't taken pics but here's one from the previous owner's advertisement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hardtail! Show some support!-fullsizeoutput_19ff-jpg  

  10. #25

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Nice quite a rare find, congrats and hard tails rule.
    Thanks. When I saw it on Craig's List, I figured I'd better check it out. When I arrived at the seller's home, he actually had two Trans Red Axis guitars. The other one (early 2000's?) had a tremolo and a slightly thinner neck profile. It sounded brighter, but a little thinner, with less note separation and punch. I wasn't looking for a tremolo guitar, but it was interesting to A/B the two.
    Last edited by cbad335; 07-10-2020 at 12:11 AM. Reason: typo

  11. #26

    User Info Menu

    Hardtails Rule
    Three chords and two minutes is all I need.

  12. #27

    User Info Menu

    Hard tails rule indeed -- one of the main attractions of the Morse (beyond, you know, it's a Morse) is that it's a hardtail and I'd really like one of the HSH hardtail sillhouettes...
    - "Isn't this the part of your profile where you post something funny to sum up your character?"
    - "Yes, I'm sure I'll get round to that"

  13. #28

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by arcoddath View Post
    I'd really like one of the HSH hardtail sillhouettes...
    They are out there a lot of used ones and the deals aren't too bad. All 4 of mine are hard tails, love em, thought I'd like one with a trem at some point myself.

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums