Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: EMG SL20 set in a Luke?

User Info Menu

EMG SL20 set in a Luke?

So I just found a Luke at a good price. The problem (and reason the price was low) was that the original EMGs were replaced with Dimarzios. Not bad pickups, but I want the EMGs. I found that EMG is selling that set with a pickguard for a strat as the SL20 set. Does anyone here know if that set will fit a Luke without modification? It looks like the pots are on a board, which I am worried would need modification to fit into the Luke cavity...
    1991 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Peavey Wolfgang Special
    Luke 2 - Radiance Red (April 21, 2004)
    Luke III - Bodhi Blue (May 12, 2014)
    Peavey Vandenberg 1988

User Info Menu

I don't know off-hand, but you could certainly email EMG and ask. They'd know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I don't know off-hand, but you could certainly email EMG and ask. They'd know.
    I tried. They didnít know. I found an old email where I spoke to AJ whenever i needed a part for a previous Luke I owned and he had attached the wiring diagram. Apparently EBMM uses a proprietary board....
    Peavey Wolfgang Special
    Peavey Vandenberg 1988

User Info Menu

Is it a luke that comes with the dimarzios or piezo? The sl20 set comes with everything for installation should be easy enough to do. Just have to remove all the old pots and jack as passsive and active pickups use different ones.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
    GUITARS
    EBMM Luke III HH BFR

User Info Menu

Never mind I see what you are talking about. Well if it did not fit you could just buy the installation kit with it. Personally I like the SV better than the SLV for a strat tone. You can get that in a non pickguard set.

GUITARS
    EBMM Luke III HH BFR

User Info Menu

Theres an older sl20 set on reverb without the circuit board. That one would be the one to get. 225 too is a pretty good deal as well.

GUITARS
    EBMM Luke III HH BFR

User Info Menu

I PM'd you looking for the reverb link for that set you saw, then I found it myself so disregard. I sent a fair offer but no dice. I'll just buy the pickups new and find out what else I might need from EBMM customer service.
    Peavey Wolfgang Special
    Peavey Vandenberg 1988