Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: SBMM Luke Question

User Info Menu

SBMM Luke Question

Hi All,
    New to the forum. I have owned a few EBMM basses over the years, but just ordered my first SBMM guitar tonight. My question is about the roasted maple neck on the Luke and LK100D. I bought the latter, but in reviewing the images on the SBMM site, it looks like only the Hazel Burst model has the roasted maple, but it doesn't specify in the description. Can anyone verify that both models have the roasted neck? If not, I need to change my order before it ships.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Best,
    Brian

User Info Menu

I don't believe it is, I think if ou wanted roasted you have to get the full up Music Man.

Sterling by Music Man – Luke – LK100-HZB Hazel Burst – New for 2018!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

The LK100D (now discontinued) had a regular maple neck with rosewood fretboard and DiMarzio Transition pickups. It was available in Luke Blue and Black Metallic.

The LK100 (new this year) has a roasted maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and SBMM pickups. Currently available in Luke Blue and Hazel Burst w/ flamed maple top.

The confusion is likely because the same color has been used on both models, I've had a few customers ask about it.
    Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 08-14-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Thanx Pete my bad, but it doesn't list that anywhere. You must have to be in the know,

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Thanks to both of you for the replies! That clears it up.

Best,
    Brian

User Info Menu

Glad to help!

Here are the full specs on the LK100, as taken from the SBMM website.

Model LK100

Body Wood Basswood

Body Color Hazel Burst, Luke Blue

Bridge Hardtail with Vintage Bent Saddle

Pickguard N/A

Scale Length 25-1/2" (64.8cm)

Neck Radius 12" (30.5cm)

Frets 22 Frets, Narrow

Neck Width 1.65"(42mm) at Nut

Neck Wood Roasted Hard Maple

Fingerboard Rosewood

Fret Markers White Dots

Tuning Machines Locking

Truss Rod Dual Action

Neck Attachment 5 Bolts

Controls 1 Push/Push Volume Boost, 1 Tone

Switching 5-way Toggle Pickup Selector

Pickups HH

Strings Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky

Gig Bag Deluxe Sterling by Music Man Bag
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Bridge Hardtail with Vintage Bent Saddle
    I see that this is from here Luke | LK100D | Guitars | Sterling by Music Man
    but must be an error?!?
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: Shelter50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    I see that this is from here Luke | LK100D | Guitars | Sterling by Music Man
    but must be an error?!?
    Yes, there are still a few copy/paste typos on that page, such as referring to it as LK100"D" in a few places.
    Visit the all new