Ready to Roar
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N(2me)GD: 2012 AL HH Ivory White

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Greg View Post
    I'm an old guy. And since the first time I saw one, I dismissed the AL because of it's shape. Seriously. Not until the past year or so did I really start looking past the shape, and into the instrument. I've been blessed to have pretty much every guitar type out there in my life. The AL (BECAUSE of it's shape) is easily in the top 2 of all I've ever played for comfort.

And of course, YMMV. But I've learned yet again that you have to really really look to "see" sometimes.

Thanks for the congrats, I love this guitar!
    I was the same way for a long time... wouldn't even give them a second look because of the shape.
    Then one fateful day, I spotted one in my local GC that, for some strange reason, the finish/colors appealed to me enough to actually touch it... and I quickly realized just how foolish I had been! Got a great deal on it and took it home... ended up collecting and 'rescuing' a few more over the years and now we all live happily ever after.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    I was the same way for a long time... wouldn't even give them a second look because of the shape.
    Then one fateful day, I spotted one in my local GC that, for some strange reason, the finish/colors appealed to me enough to actually touch it... and I quickly realized just how foolish I had been! Got a great deal on it and took it home... ended up collecting and 'rescuing' a few more over the years and now we all live happily ever after.
    I guess old dogs like me CAN learn a new trick now and then!

User Info Menu

I guess old dogs like me CAN learn a new trick now and then!
    Greg, damn straight, welcome. Have you joined this yet?

http://forums.ernieball.com/groups/a...lub-aloc-.html

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Greg, damn straight, welcome. Have you joined this yet?

http://forums.ernieball.com/groups/a...lub-aloc-.html

Glenn |B)
    I have now!

User Info Menu

I have now!
    SWEET!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

That thing is hawttttttt!

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17). FS
    REVERB

User Info Menu

Very nice indeed.
    Welcome to the club from another recent member.
    Albert Lee - Pinkburst 1993

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    That thing is hawttttttt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrydave70 View Post
    Very nice indeed.
    Welcome to the club from another recent member.
    Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Hi.

I'm not posting here very often but I must to say that this is a real beauty. I have a recently appeared massive crash on AL's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Hi.

I'm not posting here very often but I must to say that this is a real beauty. I have a recently appeared massive crash on AL's.
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

Well, after a bit over a month I have to say I could not possibly be more pleased with this guitar. The wide range of tones available make this thing easy to play everything. Every day I pick it up and just grin. I love it. This one will stay till I'm gone. One.Happy.Camper.

User Info Menu

Well, after a bit over a month I have to say I could not possibly be more pleased with this guitar. The wide range of tones available make this thing easy to play everything. Every day I pick it up and just grin. I love it. This one will stay till I'm gone. One.Happy.Camper.
    Nice Greg, really glad to hear that!!!

Glenn |B)