Ernie Ball CRNR Slash

Thread: Majesty Piezo Cutting Out

User Info Menu

Majesty Piezo Cutting Out

Howdy all,

I recently purchased a new Majesty and noticed the piezo cutting in/out when pitching sharp or flat. I know a divebomb will remove too much tension causing the string to pull away from the saddle, but it seems odd that it's cutting out when pitching 35-50% up. Before I send the guitar back, I was curious as to whether this is this expected behavior? I've attached a video showing the symptoms and greatly appreciate any feedback.

NOTE: The "ping" noise was the nut and has since been resolved with a quick pass of a nut file.

User Info Menu

Does this affect all of the strings, or just the low E? If it's all of them, do they all cut out at the same time, or different times?

Piezo's work due to mechanical stress, so the string has to be resting on that little bar, and it also has to be pressing in the direction of the piezo electric element. Vibrato is fine, but I would think anything close to a whole step up or down is going to move the string on the saddle enough that the pressure changes due to string vibration won't be able to reach the piezo element.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Does this affect all of the strings, or just the low E? If it's all of them, do they all cut out at the same time, or different times?

Piezo's work due to mechanical stress, so the string has to be resting on that little bar, and it also has to be pressing in the direction of the piezo electric element. Vibrato is fine, but I would think anything close to a whole step up or down is going to move the string on the saddle enough that the pressure changes due to string vibration won't be able to reach the piezo element.
    Thanks for the reply. This affects all strings and seems to cutout within a certain range. Here’s another video showing the issue in detail.

User Info Menu

my guitar majesty 6 it cut off the sound after 5 min of plying i dont know what to do about it

User Info Menu

The best advice is always to contact the MM customer service team and get their professional advice. Link is in my signature.

User Info Menu

Thanks beej,

The Guitar is in my local shop’s hands waiting to be picked up for service. The main culprit is the bridge and will likely be replaced. I’ll update this post once a conclusion hasn’t been reached in case others come across this issue.