EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World class customer service!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88Silhouette View Post
    had the '88 Silhouette fer 'bout two weeks now...only guitar have been playing and getting a few hours a day in...so maybe time for a little review:

playability...everybody who has played one always comments very favorably about this aspect...then there is this:
    "I sent one to Keith Richards. It's a long story....but out of the blue I get a phone call at home mid 1986. "Hello, Sterling? This is Keef." I said "who" He said "Keef Richards" "I got your guitar, its like a fine woman..lets go"

The next thing I knew we got a telex (before fax and email) for an order for 10,000 guitars from Japan. That was the good news. The bad news is that we were making about 4 guitars and basses a day."

what can I add except my agreement to the consensus that the Silhouette is the best playing guitar have ever held in my hands...

the tone...rate it just as high in this category....except that we all know that different axes have different strengths/applications...the Silhouette HSS here is a more refined, balanced tone machine than my USA HSS Strat...all three pickups have equal output vs. the Strat with an afterburner H...like the H on the EB MM, it has a more Tele like sparkling highs but with full bass and midrange as well...the kicker is the middle S...rarely use it on my Strat but on the EB MM it located closer to the neck...think this is what gives it different characteristics...it has a sort of acoustic guitar quality to it so it is a very useful PU all on it's own...what is lost is the EB MM position 2 really doesn't do the quack...which is no loss for me...the neck is neck PU is neck and neck with the Strat...

that's it folks...it's a world class player and a tone machine of a different color and the color is excellent...

The bridge will sit in a velvet box for a while...the guitar is set up so well and plays so great don't really care about tarnished fine tuners...for now would rather play it than tinker on it...
    Tell us about the neck profile. Is is kinda chunky??? I have an 88 Morse and it's neck is chunkier than all the other ones I have. I'd sure love to play that Silo just to see...
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vuduhwy View Post
    Tell us about the neck profile. Is is kinda chunky??? I have an 88 Morse and it's neck is chunkier than all the other ones I have. I'd sure love to play that Silo just to see...
    Not the slightest bit chunky...~C shaped profile...it is effortless to play and since I use my thumb to grab the 6th string most of the time it is perfect...try one, you'll like it!
    Last edited by 88Silhouette; 08-21-2018 at 03:50 PM.