Strap on your style
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutlass RS HSS Or SSS

User Info Menu

Nice one, thanks Paul- all help appreciated. If you go VT I don’t think you’ll regret it
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS HSS - Firemist Silver
    Cutlass Hunter Hayes - Lake Tahoe Blue
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Hello, I bought one week ago a Cutlass HSS. Just amazing. The humbucker is really good, sounds great for blues to rock)) it's little bit louder than singles, but who cares)) when I'm playing with some overdrive is no difference, just when on clean sound. I think HSS is more comfortable and versatile.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi 4 folosind Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stefan01 View Post
    Hello, I bought one week ago a Cutlass HSS. Just amazing. The humbucker is really good, sounds great for blues to rock)) it's little bit louder than singles, but who cares)) when I'm playing with some overdrive is no difference, just when on clean sound. I think HSS is more comfortable and versatile.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi 4 folosind Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with the HSS I think I'm gonna benefit from it a bit more than the SSS config. As long as I get that great position 2 sound for my cleans and slighty overdriven tone then that's all I need.

Thanks again for all your input fellas, I will post some pics next week when the guitar turns up.

User Info Menu

Position 2 with a full humbucker and middle single is a little meatier sounding than the correspponding single bridge-single middle sound but otherwise pretty much the same thing and it still has all the appropriate quack or spank or squank or whatever you want to call it. You will be the only person who knows the difference between that sound a standard strat in the same position. It has a little extra volume compared to two singles, and it balances really well with the middle single on it's own.

BTW, the Cutlass is my second guitar with a full hum+single in position 2 and the Cutlass does the best job of that position!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Position 2 with a full humbucker and middle single is a little meatier sounding than the correspponding single bridge-single middle sound but otherwise pretty much the same thing and it still has all the appropriate quack or spank or squank or whatever you want to call it. You will be the only person who knows the difference between that sound a standard strat in the same position. It has a little extra volume compared to two singles, and it balances really well with the middle single on it's own.

BTW, the Cutlass is my second guitar with a full hum+single in position 2 and the Cutlass does the best job of that position!
    Thanks Kev,

That's exactly what I meant that Spanky sound you get in the in-between positions. I really like that for my clean sounds great with a bit of chorus on and also on it's own with a bit of OD on.