Mariposa Green

Thread: Music Man Monarchy low volume/thin sound piezo problem

User Info Menu

Music Man Monarchy low volume/thin sound piezo problem

Hey everyone,
    I am about to trade one of my guitars for a Music Man Monarchy 7 string. It just arrived at my house but I feel like there is something wrong with the piezo system. It sounds way too thin, I have no idea what the problem is. I also have a JPX so I can easily compare and my JPX sounds loud.

I tried adjusting the settings on the back of the guitar, I put everything on max but its still weird and lacking. Could really use some help.

Batteries are brand new alcalines, opened the pack today. Tried 2 different brands already, nothing changed.

User Info Menu

Update on my situation:
    Lower strings - D A E B are not resonating like the other ones. It's like the piezo pickups are not picking up sound on these strings. I have no idea what to do.
    Could really use some help.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Tavares; 09-04-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: "like the other ones"

User Info Menu

Contact customer service and see if they can help you. Since your guitar is used (if I read this correct), chances are it won't be covered by a warranty. But they still might be able to help you out with a solution.

Good luck, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Contact customer service and see if they can help you. Since your guitar is used (if I read this correct), chances are it won't be covered by a warranty. But they still might be able to help you out with a solution.

Good luck, Glenn |B)
    Thanks for the reply, Glenn! Yes, it's used. Is there an online customer service I can contact? Couldn't find any link.

User Info Menu

Sure, try this:

Contact | Ernie Ball Music Man

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Thank you very much, just sent them a message!

User Info Menu

Is the bridge sitting level with the body? Maybe also check to see if all the strings are on the saddles correctly.

Another thing to check is to see if the wires from the piezo are plugged in, or to see if the saddles have been moved to a point where they are crimping the piezo wires.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Is the bridge sitting level with the body? Maybe also check to see if all the strings are on the saddles correctly.

Another thing to check is to see if the wires from the piezo are plugged in, or to see if the saddles have been moved to a point where they are crimping the piezo wires.
    The tail of the bridge seens to be leveled with the body. I'm sending this guitar to my luthier. I can't really see if the saddles are crimping the piezo wires. That was a very good point.

I think the wires are indeed plugged in - G B and E sound ok.