EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Diamrzio'd my SBMM Valentine

User Info Menu

Diamrzio'd my SBMM Valentine

Installed some Dimarzio Air Classics in my Sterling Valentine. I just picked up a Schecter PT Special for tele tones so I decided to make the Valentine my humbucker guitar. So far, I really like the Dimarzio's. The stock SBMM pickups measured at 7.6K each. I also have stainless steel block saddles on the Valentine for comfort. The tone pot is a "push-push" for coil splitting the humbuckers. I wired according to the Dimarzio instructions and it's the slug inner coils that are split.

User Info Menu

Whoops, somehow I lost my tone control. Have to look at wiring tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Nice Mike! I did the same type of thing to my SBMM Valentine (since sold it). I put a 36th Anniversary PAF in the neck and an AT-1 in the bridge along with graphtec ss saddles like yours. What a great sounding guitar! Played great. I hope you enjoy yours. A great playing guitar in any configuration imho.
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=telemike;1038789]Installed some Dimarzio Air Classics in my Sterling Valentine. I just picked up a Schecter PT Special for tele tones so I decided to make the Valentine my humbucker guitar. So far, I really like the Dimarzio's. The stock SBMM pickups measured at 7.6K each. I also have stainless steel block saddles on the Valentine for comfort. The tone pot is a "push-push" for coil splitting the humbuckers. I wired according to the Dimarzio instructions and it's the slug inner coils that are split.

Nice!

User Info Menu

Very nice Mike!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Well, I am going to pull the original wiring and boost and replace with CTS pots, treble bleed and orange drop cap. Not going to do coil tapping either. I have other guitars for single coils so this is my rock humbucker.

The Air Classics are very nice.

I was going to use cream pickup rings, but the ones I bought are larger than the Sterlings and didn't fit.