New Prodigy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Cracked neck plate, really?

  1. #31

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by marcobenassi View Post
    Hi Guys. Thanks at all.
    This is my guitar from 2003. I buyed it new. No one never touched the guitar in many years... I clean it and change strings myself. I never touch the screws, i never needed it.
    Time pass and the years go quickly. The paint dried and stretched.
    I wrote to EEMM i'm waiting for a answer. :-)
    That type of cracking doesn't usually happen from just expanding and contracting over time. Especially with a poly finish. If it wasn't dropped then I agree it had to originate from the screws.

  2. #32

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by marcobenassi View Post
    Hi Guys. Thanks at all.
    This is my guitar from 2003. I buyed it new. No one never touched the guitar in many years... I clean it and change strings myself. I never touch the screws, i never needed it.
    Time pass and the years go quickly. The paint dried and stretched.
    I wrote to EEMM i'm waiting for a answer. :-)
    What type of environment has it been kept in? The paints that EBMM uses are automotive quality, and should be able to withstand just about any normal change in temperature or humidity.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

  3. #33

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Marcobenassi, I'm sorry to see that you're having issues with the paint on your guitar. It looks like the screws were over tightened and the guitar's finish cracked over time. Unfortunately, we do not offer refinishing services through the factory. Our recommendation is the find a local luthier who specializes in refinishing services.
    Hi.
    what kind of paint should i use to refinishing the body ?
    Thanks.

  4. #34
    Daniel's Avatar
    Daniel is online now Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by marcobenassi View Post
    Hi.
    what kind of paint should i use to refinishing the body ?
    Thanks.
    Hi Macrobenassi, we get our paint from TCP Global Corporation - Quality & Service Since 1974.

  5. #35

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Macrobenassi, we get our paint from TCP Global Corporation - Quality & Service Since 1974.
    OMG , thanx Daniel!!!

    Custom Shop Flakes — TCP Global

    Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]


    Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

  6. #36

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Macrobenassi, we get our paint from TCP Global Corporation - Quality & Service Since 1974.
    Hi Daniel.
    Can i use this paint,
    Jet Black - Medium Flake .008 Micron Size? Is this the right size?
    Thanks.
    P.s.
    Iím from Italy.

  7. #37
    Daniel's Avatar
    Daniel is online now Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by marcobenassi View Post
    Hi Daniel.
    Can i use this paint,
    Jet Black - Medium Flake .008 Micron Size? Is this the right size?
    Thanks.
    P.s.
    I’m from Italy.
    HI Marcobenassi,
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to that information. Our paint mixes are proprietary and I'm not able to give out any info other than where we get our paint.

  8. #38

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    OMG , thanx Daniel!!!

    Custom Shop Flakes — TCP Global

    Glenn |B)
    Tasty... I really like this...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums