Not electric until you plug it in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: I can't wait for Steve Lukather's book!

  1. #16

    User Info Menu

    The only criticism I had of the book is no mention of marshall stacks, 59 les Paul's, speaker selection, how rosanna guitar tone was recorded, why he likes emgs and why he moved to dimarzios.

    Anyhow, otherwise I enjoyed it. It was personal, warm and very insightful.

  2. #17

    User Info Menu

    As a gearhead I would have liked to have read more of that as well. Lukather has said he will do a second book if this does well.

  3. #18

    User Info Menu

    I would be very interested in this. So far as I know, the first Toto album was mostly his Les Paul Deluxe, Hydra was with his '59 Les Paul, but by the time he did Turn Back, he was using a Strat with EMGs; later, the bridge pickup became a humbucker. (Was it the 85 from the get go?) I would love to know the decision(s) behind the changes to his gear over the years.

    Quote Originally Posted by fusionid View Post
    The only criticism I had of the book is no mention of marshall stacks, 59 les Paul's, speaker selection, how rosanna guitar tone was recorded, why he likes emgs and why he moved to dimarzios.

    Anyhow, otherwise I enjoyed it. It was personal, warm and very insightful.
    EBMM Silhouette HSH
    Ernie Ball Strings

    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

  4. #19

    User Info Menu

    I just got this book for my birthday. I am embarrassed to say that while I most certainly knew who Luke is, I wasn't aware that he had played on so many recordings of songs I grew up listening to. Kinda funny, by pure accident I have been a Luke fan most of my life and didn't even know it! HA!
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

  5. #20

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vuduhwy View Post
    I just got this book for my birthday. I am embarrassed to say that while I most certainly knew who Luke is, I wasn't aware that he had played on so many recordings of songs I grew up listening to. Kinda funny, by pure accident I have been a Luke fan most of my life and didn't even know it! HA!
    I had a livid debate with a radio DJ/neighbor here in Bay area, she didn't believe that Luke played all the guitars and bass excluding the Alex Van Halen solo on Beat It.

  6. #21

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I had a livid debate with a radio DJ/neighbor here in Bay area, she didn't believe that Luke played all the guitars and bass excluding the Alex Van Halen solo on Beat It.
    The only thing I don´t believe is Alex´s solo.... ;-)
    Mick
    EVH transblack 1995 slightly faded
    Silhouette transteal 1994 (updated with a compensated nut!)


    Mick´s Guitar Center
    Landshut/Germany
    www.facebook.com/MicksGuitarCenter
    "We offer extremly high quality & extremly low prices! - Pick one!"

  7. #22

    User Info Menu


  8. #23

    User Info Menu

    Just ordered the book, cannot wait to get stuck into it.
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums