Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dubaldo custom splitter box

User Info Menu

Dubaldo custom splitter box

This beauty showed up in the mail today courtesy of Mr. Pete Dubaldo. He engraved my band logo into it. It's awesome. If you have any piezo equipped guitar this is a indespensible little box that opens up the power of your guitar. Stereo cable in, mono out to a guitar amp and the other to your PA or acoustic amp. EBMM no longer offers one of these.

Thanks Pete!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dubaldo custom splitter box-20180920_114735-jpg  
    JP6 Mystic Dream
    JP6 DD2
    JP6 BFR Walnut
    JP6 White Sparkle
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    JPX6
    JP6 Olive Gold
    JP6 Blue Dawn
    JP13 Cardinal Red Sparkle
    JP6 Stealth White
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Autumn Red
    Luke III Buttercream

User Info Menu

Lou, I saw yours was featured on FailBook recently. They looks like really nice splitter boxes.

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Sweet! PD rocks!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Found here

I'll be picking one up myself since I finally got a good deal on a used amp that I can send my second signal to.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

User Info Menu

Pardon my ignorance, but what would the versions with only 1 and 2 jacks be for?

and what kind of file is needed to ingrave our logo?
    Last edited by radrock; 09-20-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Lou, enjoy the splitter!

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what would the versions with only 1 and 2 jacks be for?

and what kind of file is needed to ingrave our logo?

Those boxes still have 3 jacks, they are just located on other sides to fit various pedal board configurations.
    Version 1 has all the jacks on 1 side
    Version 2 has the input on a long side and the outputs on the opposite side (jacks on 2 sides)
    Version 3 has the input on a long side and outputs on both short sides (jacks on 3 sides)

When I did the logo for Lou's box I started with a .jpg file.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Sounds good! Thanks for the clarification.
    Click for my band

Cutlass

User Info Menu

Awesome! Nice job Pete. Didn't know you were doing these.
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JP BFR Tobacco Burst
    EBJP7 Autumn Redrise Sparkle
    Raleigh Music Academy
    www.paulwarren.com
    www.infiniteeve.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Warren View Post
    Awesome! Nice job Pete. Didn't know you were doing these.
    Thanks Paul! We have been offering them since EBMM discontinued their boxes back in '08?

Here's our updated Version 1

Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Love my piezos but the cords are a PITA and way expensive. Try to find a 15-20 ft 1/4 inch 90 degree TRS with 2x 1/4 inch TS's on the other end....good luck. Even the cheap one's are expensive and they don't last very long.

Pete: went to your website and couldn't find the box on it. How do I price one?
    "Do you want me to start this song too slow or too fast?"

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6, Steve Morse, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    4 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Yamaha S90XS, Hammond XK-3c

User Info Menu

Do you guys send the piezo output straight to the P.A. or run it into a different amp? I don’t have a piezo equipped guitar right now, but one song we do could really use an acoustic sound (without having to lug an acoustic to shows for one song).
    Click for my band

Cutlass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    Love my piezos but the cords are a PITA and way expensive. Try to find a 15-20 ft 1/4 inch 90 degree TRS with 2x 1/4 inch TS's on the other end....good luck. Even the cheap one's are expensive and they don't last very long.

Pete: went to your website and couldn't find the box on it. How do I price one?
    Here is the link! I agree, the lack of affordable and quality cables can be discouraging. Drop me an email and I'll be happy to try and help you with what TRS to use.

https://dubaldomusic.com/product-cat...ssories/split/
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Do you guys send the piezo output straight to the P.A. or run it into a different amp? I don’t have a piezo equipped guitar right now, but one song we do could really use an acoustic sound (without having to lug an acoustic to shows for one song).
    I like running the piezo to a small acoustic amp (like a Fishman Loudbox) and then running a line from the amp to the PA. That way if I want to add some reverb/chorus/etc, or make changes on the fly, I don't have to mess with the main soundboard. The small amp means I have an extra monitor that is independent of the 4 out in front on the floor.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

I typically make my own cables, but even still, I'd still prefer a single stereo cable to a splitter box like Pete's. (Those look great!)

The other guitarist in my band uses a piezo, he runs it to a DI and then the board. There have been a few times when it didn't work as advertised. I think the approach of having a separate amp for it is preferable, assuming you can bring the gear.

User Info Menu

Pete
    Do you typically have those in stock? I'm relatively local, and could use one to simplify my setup when using my Petrucci 7's.