New Prodigy

Thread: 2011 Luke piezo neck finished?

User Info Menu

2011 Luke piezo neck finished?

Just took possession of a 2011 Luke with EMG SSH and piezo. This guitar is in perfect condition. Mint is probably more accurate.
    My question is did these come with finished necks? This one is finished and I was expecting the oil and gunstock finish. I'm not disappointed but I am curious if this is the stock option? It's an awesome neck and is considered "Roasted". This guitar also has the "ball family reserve" badge at the 12th fret.
    Thanks for any info provided.

User Info Menu

The "Black Sugar" with Roasted Maple necks came with a clear gloss finish on the roasted maple, and an ebony fretboard w/ 12th fret BFR inlay.

Nice score!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Thanks Pete. Little flecks of sparkle in the black finish. Although I'll poke around on my own, anything more you can tell me about this model? Really appreciate your info.

User Info Menu

If I recall correctly, it was the first run of guitars ever offered by Music Man with roasted maple. The ordering window was only a month long so not many were made. Apart from the finished roasted neck, ebony board, and paint job, they are standard guitars.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

I guess the piezo pup will make it a little more rare as well since it was an option I assume. It's also the reason I bought it.Anyway thanks for the info fellas.

User Info Menu

Back then it seemed at first that roasted maple would only be possible/available with finsh. iirc it had to to with stability?!?
    As much as I lIke the unfinished, this one has some magic of its own.
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Band: Groove Bang