EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What straps are you using on JP guitars?

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replies. Quick update on my quest:
    Looking to keep the green Levy strap in the picture of my original post. Was able to loosen it up quite a bit.
    I ordered a new set of Schaller “S locks”. Nice idea with the new longer post and thumbwheel design. Unfortunately, the design of the new actual strap button (noiseless) is stupid in that it entails a fixed screw that is thicker and shorter than the original screws used on the JP15. Not going to widen those screw holes. At which point the new design becomes kind of pointless though they are supposedly compatible with the older Schaller buttons. Didn’t trust that and I’m keeping the old ones. They rattle a bit but at least I know from 25 years of experience that they work (for a good 10 years or so before they wear out).

User Info Menu

Love the Schiller S Locks - using them on all mine now - good choice
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

I use the DiMarzio Clip Lock Straps on all my Balls.
    I got the wider strap for my JP7 and my Bongo 5.
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Btw the S Locks work fine with the older buttons. I've got the new locks on my straps and mostly old buttons on my guitars.

User Info Menu

Same here - perfect fit on the old buttons
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

I use Levy's straps on my JP7s, it's the black suede strap MS26 I believe. Very simple and plain straps but to me they look great on any color guitar and are comfy as well. I keep the strap short so that the guitar is roughly at the same height as when I'm sitting.
    my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

my 1st EP 'Sonic Sketches' is out now (instrumental prog metal)

User Info Menu

I use a Levys seatbelt strap for my under-8lb guitars and a generic super padded leather one for my 8lb+ guitars. My JP6 is a hair over 7lbs. I can’t justify spending a lot of money on straps.
    Cutlass SSS in Tobacco Burst
    JP6 w/piezo in Black Sparkle

..plus a bunch of other guitars and gear.

User Info Menu

I've been using all Dimarzio straps, probably because they are neon in color. And when I use straplocks, I've been switching my guitars over to the EB straplocks because they don't make noise like my old Schallers.
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    JP BFR Tobacco Burst
    EBJP7 Autumn Redrise Sparkle
    Raleigh Music Academy
    www.paulwarren.com
    www.infiniteeve.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Dargie JP - Custom 2.5 leather strap with DD Martini embroidery (from double-treble)
    I had forgotten that I have one of those tucked away in a box upstairs.

Did I buy that from you?
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

User Info Menu

Possibly, after seeing someone here on the Bass side get a super wide strap with that emblem I contacted Double-Treble and brought in the 2.5" straps. We included them with pretty much all of the first run DD guitars we sold, as well as a few of the used ones. Heck, after Luke saw my DD strap I had an extra made up for him - I'll have to dig up the pic of his expression when I handed it to him.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Possibly, after seeing someone here on the Bass side get a super wide strap with that emblem I contacted Double-Treble and brought in the 2.5" straps. We included them with pretty much all of the first run DD guitars we sold, as well as a few of the used ones. Heck, after Luke saw my DD strap I had an extra made up for him - I'll have to dig up the pic of his expression when I handed it to him.
    They were awesome Pete and a super touch. Can't wait to see that picture!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Heck, after Luke saw my DD strap I had an extra made up for him - I'll have to dig up the pic of his expression when I handed it to him.
    Oh, I do want to see this!
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

User Info Menu

Possibly, after seeing someone here on the Bass side get a super wide strap with that emblem I contacted Double-Treble and brought in the 2.5" straps. We included them with pretty much all of the first run DD guitars we sold, as well as a few of the used ones.
    That would make sense. I got my Dargie from DaveB at Machinehead in the UK as it was new (anyone remember DaveB?).

Strap was a nice extra. Must dig it out now!
    COME ON YOU IRONS....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
    That would make sense. I got my Dargie from DaveB at Machinehead in the UK as it was new (anyone remember DaveB?
    Oh course, Dave was a great guy, meet him at the Original Open House!!! Always wondered what happened to Dave?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Oh course, Dave was a great guy, meet him at the Original Open House!!! Always wondered what happened to Dave?

Glenn |B)
    He was running Machinehead Music in Hertfordshire here in the UK. That went out of business and I never heard of him after that. I think his main business was property or something though?
    COME ON YOU IRONS....