Ernie Ball CRNR Keith Richards

Thread: looking to buy a wireless system so no more cables get in the way

User Info Menu

looking to buy a wireless system so no more cables get in the way

looking for input, nothing cheap but nothing crazy
    Three chords and two minutes is all I need.

User Info Menu

I tried the Boss the Katana Air... did not like the amp, and returned it... but loved the wireless. The wireless system is available separately now as the WL-20, WL-20L or WL-50. Ranges from $179-$199. Definitely on my Christmas list.

User Info Menu

I have owned a Sony unit (now discontinued) that was good and now have a Shure GLX-D that is also really good. If I could go back I would have kept the Sony simply because it used standard batteries. The Shure has a proprietary battery pack. Other than that I have zero complaints about the Shure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Shure GLX-D here too!!! Really do get close to 16 hours on the re-chargable batteries. Tuner good too!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Really do get close to 16 hours on the re-chargable batteries.
    those 16 hour gigs are brutal! It helps to pad those sets with three hour versions of Freebird.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Last edited by Pops; 10-09-2018 at 04:56 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    I just got one of those as a demo from a sales rep last Tuesday, I'll be trying it out this Friday
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I tried wireless many years ago. Bought a top end sennheiser system...
    After a few gigs, the extra set up and complexity reminded me just how much I prefer simple/easy, and I went back to just stepping on my cord once in a while... less stuff to plug in, charge up, clip on, match channels, etc... and the tiny bit of latency really threw me off.
    But some of the newer systems look pretty interesting, and there was something to be said for the 'freedom' it offered...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I just got one of those as a demo from a sales rep last Tuesday, I'll be trying it out this Friday
    How did the Xvive trial work out Pete?

User Info Menu

Second the Sony (Sony DWZ-B30GB). Mine has worked great for a couple of years now. Bought a second as a backup, but never needed it so it’s still new in the box. Get a couple of rechargeable batteries and you’re good to go. Very simple set up and after that all you have to do is turn it on.
    I believe every guitar player inherently has something unique about their playing. They just have to identify what makes them different and develop it. EVH

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12

User Info Menu

Shure GLX-D. Stellar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    How did the Xvive trial work out Pete?

It went pretty well! I used some Klotz cables during the first set and then switched to the wireless at the set break. To my ears the wireless was very transparent, with no noticeable frequency loss - I have an old Shure unit that really killed off treble, and this sounded nothing like that. The other guys had no idea I was using a wireless until I wound up on their side of the stage. I only had about 20ft of distance between the transmitter and receiver, and didn't experience any dropped signal or outside interference. The specs call for less than 6ms of latency, and I'm not nearly precise enough for that to make a difference. The batteries are also supposed to last up to 5 hours of play time, and our second set was well under that at 1:45. I've got a few more gigs this coming weekend and I'll definitely be trying it out again.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band