Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: luke 2 pickup swap

User Info Menu

luke 2 pickup swap

hi guys

just wondering if theres anyone on here that has done a pickup swap on a Luke 2 what did you replace it with and what was involved to do the swap.

im actually considering doing this, luv the luke2 has been my go too for many years but as my style of playing is changing so is my taste in tone

User Info Menu

This is something i'm Luking (sorry) to do as well but I'm trying to find a pickup supplier that will provide HSS pickups with baseplates to match the EMGs as I don't want to route out the body of my BFR.
    BFR Luke 2 Emerald Green Flame Top (which sucks)

PDN Neptune Blue Luke 3 H/H

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.b View Post
    This is something i'm Luking (sorry) to do as well but I'm trying to find a pickup supplier that will provide HSS pickups with baseplates to match the EMGs as I don't want to route out the body of my BFR.
    Dimarzio can custom make single coils that will fit in the Luke II's routes. The bases do not have the triangular shape. Ask for them "without flange".

To the best of my knowledge, unless changed recently, the Luke II humbucker route will accept a standard Dimarzio f-spaced humbucker without any issues.

A few years ago I put Dimarzio Area 58s and an AT-100 in one of my Luke IIs.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

call me crazy, but I'm considering getting my luthier to route out the pickup cavity, I know you can order pickups from dimarzio without the flange but not all pickup companies do that, so left with very few options

User Info Menu

There are plenty of pickup options out there with no flange. I would think after EMGs you would want to go for stacked single coils, or rails, and many of those from all manufacturers have no flange.

Seymour Duncan has a good variety of single coils (not stacked) that have no flange, and I would wager you can custom order them from most makers.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck