Not electric until you plug it in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Majesty drains a battery in a week

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Correct. Depends on how the circuit is designed with regards to voltage. Also, I had some electronics stuff years ago when NiCad batteries were big, and it simply would not work with those batteries, regardless of the voltage. I looked closely at the battery door and it said "use only alkaline batteries. Nickel Cadmium batteries will not function."

Might be a current and voltage regulation issue as well.
    Thanks again for the info TBone, greatly appreciated.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Devnor View Post
    Not just the slightly lower voltage but NiCad batteries can't supply the sustained current required by preamp or pedal. When the device is activated there can be an inrush of current. I burn thru 9V batteries...sustainer guitars, active bass preamps, the Majesty. I wish there was a better solution.
    Thank you as well Devnor, the forum is educating =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

I also have this problem with my brand new Majesty Artisan 7.. Guitar is kept unplugged in HSC when not used. Fresh name brand batteries only last a couple weeks even if I don't play the guitar much during that time period.
    Proud owner of:
    2018 Marrone EBMM Majesty Artisan 7
    2014 Polar Noir EBMM Majesty 6
    2017 Sahara Burst SBMM JP157 w/ Illuminators

User Info Menu

If you still have an issue Iíd check the wiring of the battery pack. I had an issue with my JP15 and it turned out one wire was soldered to the wrong place, bypassing a resistor. It was easy to fix. They should be able to provide you the wiring diagram. Iím guessing itís almost identical to the JP15

User Info Menu

Hi the orange light when pulling out the cable shows that the battery is empty? Or does it have to flash? Cause I always get an orange light when unplugging the guitar

User Info Menu

In my experience the high battery usage is a sign that some time soon the electronics will die completely. Majesty guitars have a huge failure rate electronics wise. Good news is that once you pull out all the stock electronics and rewire them as normal passive guitars they sound way better - way more character and soul (and treble).

User Info Menu

"Majesty guitars have a huge failure rate electronics wise" - this is based on, you know, real data? Or just something you're saying?