Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD: EVH content

User Info Menu

Awesome! Congrats!!!
    2011 Axis Trans Orange

User Info Menu

The condition looks amazing, congrats!
    JP15 Quilt Sahara Burst #G59089 (02 Nov 15)

Progressive Metal Band: Metanoia
    www.facebook.com/wearemetanoiaband
    www.instagram.com/wearemetanoia/

User Info Menu

Nice! Congrats on the score!
    The first EBMM EVH that I ever played was that same color. I was a teenager and that would've been around 1995 or so...and I'll never forget the way that neck felt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Nice! Congrats on the score!
    The first EBMM EVH that I ever played was that same color. I was a teenager and that would've been around 1995 or so...and I'll never forget the way that neck felt.
    Still the most comfortable neck I’ve ever played. I actually prefer this neck over the Axis. Even though the differences are slight. And it sounds so good. Such great balance between the bridge and neck pickup.

It’s in really good shape for such an old guitar. Just a little clear coat hazing from operating the D-tuna, and a couple of small dings. I couldn’t ask for better for the price I paid. I couldn’t afford one when they came out originally, as I was 15 at the time. Happy and lucky to be at a point where I could finally get one.
    SBMM Cutlass Seafoam Green
    SBMM Albert Lee - Daphne Blue
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue

User Info Menu

I’m well pleased for you mate - it’s good to finally get hold of something that’s elduded you for so long
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlas SSS - Ivory White
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Tell us more. I got a Sterling AX3 & I absolutely love it! I was lucky it was the story display do I save around $200. Itís a new guitar. I have owned my fair share of USA or Jap made guitars & despite the price & country this guitar was made, it is awesome. If youíre not a heavy trem user, usage of the whammy wonít cause tuning issues. The pickups are also WAY better than a guitar this price normally has.

User Info Menu

that axe is awesome. i've noticed the floyd is a bit different than the orig. design. Forgive the lame question as im new to EBMM guitars, but is this FR version better than the OFR version? im considering an EVH MM but not inclined to buy another guitar with FR trem, just curious if it's better.
    Guitars - EBMM Reflex, 2 x GMW FR Strats, Nash 62 Strat, 94 LP Classic.
    Amps - Boogie MkIV, Jet City Custom 22
    FX - TC SCF, Tone Works Triple-Drive, EH holy grail reverb, memory toy delay and wah pedal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Twins View Post
    that axe is awesome. i've noticed the floyd is a bit different than the orig. design. Forgive the lame question as im new to EBMM guitars, but is this FR version better than the OFR version? im considering an EVH MM but not inclined to buy another guitar with FR trem, just curious if it's better.
    These are a licensed Floyd made for MusicMan by Gotoh. They had offset saddles, though I don’t know why. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on that era can chime in of the specifics.

They aren’t built like that anymore. The current Floyd has the standard in-line saddles.
    SBMM Cutlass Seafoam Green
    SBMM Albert Lee - Daphne Blue
    EBMM Silo Special
    EBMM EVH - Trans Blue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TonyEVH5150 View Post
    These are a licensed Floyd made for MusicMan by Gotoh. They had offset saddles, though I don’t know why. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on that era can chime in of the specifics.

They aren’t built like that anymore. The current Floyd has the standard in-line saddles.
    One benefit of the offset saddles is that it is easier to access the locking screw for the saddle when adjusting intonation. Whether or not this was the intention of the offset design I do not know.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band