Ernie Ball Cables

Thread: HELP color JP15

User Info Menu

HELP color JP15

I am looking at purchasing a JP15; the only color avaialble in my area is the teal. Do you think this color is trendy? Should I wait for the black as a safer investment?

User Info Menu

Don’t worry about being trendy. Get the one YOU like best. Personally, I’d rather have the teal.

User Info Menu

Agreed. Get the color that speaks to you.

I personally prefer the teal, but black seems to sell easier for me.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Go play it, like the others have said, it's all how it feels and plays to you.

Good luck, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I think the Teal is nice... Although black a touch nicer. The black or the Sienna (or whatever that brownish color is called) look best and as another person mentioned, would likely be easier to sell, if that ever was the case.

User Info Menu

Buying a new guitar is honestly not a good "investment". If you're worrying about reselling it later, the market is fickle for all guitars, regardless of color.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I would choose teal out of all of them because of the gloss finish on the body. The satin feels nice but satin finishes tend to gloss over in patches after you've used them for a while. I have a black satin JP7 that has gloss in patches from my arm, it looks like its all greasy in spots like ive been eating french fries on it and it drives me crazy. Going forward, black satin finishes are a deal breaker for me because of this. Not dissing it because i prefer the way the black looks but that satin finish... just something to think about.

User Info Menu

I love the teal myself. I used to love black guitars, but now it's just plain to me. I've gotten rid of all my plain black ones, except for my first cheapo that's not worth anything and my SB4, which only comes in black. I'd rather have something more interesting.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for the responses!