Ernie Ball Cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: attention Radrock!!!

User Info Menu

attention Radrock!!!

I didn't want to hijack the other thread.
    This is gorgeous!!! I want to see more pics!!! Hahaha

"If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Calling all rockers!!! Here she is. It was a one-off made for some guy in a band, but I bought it off another forumite. I love this thing and have said this in other threads. Although it uses the same pickups as the Axis line, the Reflex just sounds more open and warm. The chambered body just soars. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely DIE for the tight tones of the Axis hardtail, but this Reflex simply covers more ground. It's amazing.

The color is called Classic White, but it looks very Buttercream almost. Usually, I'm not a fan of Rosewood necks or fingerboards, but I couldn't resist this 1-piece and it does add to the warmth of the overall tone. I just changed the pick guard screws to black and will change the pickup screws next time I change strings.

I really wish it had gold (or even black) hardware, but it doesn't. I know EBMM sells tuners in other colors, but I don't believe they sell bridges.

Last edited by radrock; 11-02-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

foggy, I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Have you had the guard off of it? Is it routed as you'd normally see for pick guard-mounted pickups?
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette Hardtail with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    Have you had the guard off of it? Is it routed as you'd normally see for pick guard-mounted pickups?
    That what's missing and why I like the looks of this better, no pickup rings!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I have not yet taken the pick guard off. Soon. I'm guessing it IS routed.
    Click for my band

Cutlass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#800000"]... the Reflex just sounds more open and warm. The chambered body just soars. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely DIE for the tight tones of the Axis hardtail, but this Reflex simply covers more ground. It's amazing....
    these are nearly exactly the words I´m thinking of, when I compare my reflex to my Morse (replace the word "Axis" in the quote with "Morse")

I think there was some love for the reflex here lately, wasn´t it?
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

User Info Menu

Oh man. Time to change my pants. lol

THAT THING IS A CLASSIC BEAUTY!!!

Love the colour, the guard and the black binding.
    Not a fan of the rosewood, I'd be in guitar heaven with that with a maple or ebony neck.

Thank for the pics!
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

One thing I like about the Reflex, as compared to the Axis SS, is it is *so* comfortable -- maybe even more so than the Silhouette.

That's certainly a great catch. Congratulations!
    "Jeff Porcaro's equipment speaks for itself"

User Info Menu

A lot of cows are dying in your backyard - looks like big poppa smokers drove by
    Mick
    EVH transblack 1995 slightly faded
    Silhouette transteal 1994 (updated with a compensated nut!)

Mick´s Guitar Center
    Landshut/Germany
    www.facebook.com/MicksGuitarCenter
    "We offer extremly high quality & extremly low prices! - Pick one!"

User Info Menu

attention Radrock!!!

I really miss that guitar, Radrock! It is a special piece to be sure. I have been through a couple Reflexes and that one was the best by a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

N
    i
    c
    e

86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrmckinney View Post
    I really miss that guitar, Radrock! It is a special piece to be sure. I have been through a couple Reflexes and that one was the best by a mile.
    You'd really love it now. There was a tiny twist in the neck on the high strings, so EBMM re-planed and re-fretted the neck. It plays like a dream now.
    Click for my band

Cutlass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    You'd really love it now. There was a tiny twist in the neck on the high strings, so EBMM re-planed and re-fretted the neck. It plays like a dream now.
    Wow, nice!!!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Amazing guitar! Congrats!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP