Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: JP15 open b string buzzing

User Info Menu

JP15 open b string buzzing

Newly acquired JP15. I changed the strings immediately to my hybrids. Adjusted the trem claw so bridge is parallel to body. Not sure if that changed anything but the open b string buzzes. I have also tried adjusting the truss rod but makes no difference. Raise the b saddle? Is the nut slot perhaps too low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chaka5150; 11-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    EBMM Axis Trans Red
    EBMM JP15 Trans black quilt
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    EVH R/W/B striped series
    Axe-Fx II|Atomic CLR Wedges X 2

User Info Menu

Yes you could raise that saddle a smidge... But keep in mind, a truss rod adjustment may take a little while to "set in"... In your case you'd want to loosen it a bit.

User Info Menu

Is this a six or a seven string? High or low b?

User Info Menu

Open string only? If open string only (i.e. 1st fretted note is totally fine) the nut slot may need looking at. Either it's too low (fret buzz on 1st fret) or the back angle of the slot needs fixing (often a more sitar-like sound than fret buzz). If you are still under warranty, call your dealer.

If fretted notes also buzz, then check the saddle height isn't out of whack with the others.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Open string only? If open string only (i.e. 1st fretted note is totally fine) the nut slot may need looking at. Either it's too low (fret buzz on 1st fret) or the back angle of the slot needs fixing (often a more sitar-like sound than fret buzz). If you are still under warranty, call your dealer.

If fretted notes also buzz, then check the saddle height isn't out of whack with the others.
    Yeah i think this is what is happening. It is sitar like sounding and fretted notes are fine. Taking it to the shop as I have a free setup within first year. Thanks for the tips
    EBMM Axis Trans Red
    EBMM JP15 Trans black quilt
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    EVH R/W/B striped series
    Axe-Fx II|Atomic CLR Wedges X 2