Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Back! Missed this so much!

User Info Menu

Back! Missed this so much!

Hi all, I've been away for a while, it's been a difficult time to say the least. My dad was diagnosed with dementia, and sadly died last year. While dealing with all of that I managed to find time late at night to write music, record demos, talk to musicians I wanted in the band and below is just some of the results.

I reached out to Tina Guo who I'm sure you know is responsible for things like Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean, Interstellar, Iron Man III as well as a whole bunch of video games. I sent her my demo called "The Dark Forest" and she wrote me back the same day, she wanted in! Next thing we know we're flying out to her home in Studio City, California (I'm in the UK) to do the video shoot.

This album has been a huge learning curb for me as I've had to learn how to compose for Viola, Cello, Violins and to compose in the context of a rock band which is a lot harder because you have to take the bassist into consideration when writing the Cello parts.

Also, for those of you who feel like supporting me I do have a website and I do ship world wide Michael Baugh Rock Guitarist
    we began shipping CD's, Art Prints and T-shirts today, we're nearly out of t-shirts and art prints already (preorders went nuts - I don't get many YouTube views but my Facebook videos hit between 60,000 views to 790,000 views)

I hope you enjoy the music and the videos, I'm going to be a lot more active here now, I miss it actually!

User Info Menu

I had to post this video separately :-)

User Info Menu

Good to see you back here, Mike - always enjoyed your reviews and playing. That is a hauntingly beautiful melody.

So sorry to hear about your father. I lost my dad earlier this year, and it's a strange season of life to navigate.

Wishing you all the best.
    ---------------
    2018 Valentine in Three-tone Burst
    2016 PDN Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    2016 Valentine in Trans Maroon
    2014 Axis SS Semi-Hollow MM90 with Piezo
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Welcome back Michael. Very sorry for your loss.

Congrats on the awesome new album.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    Good to see you back here, Mike - always enjoyed your reviews and playing. That is a hauntingly beautiful melody.

So sorry to hear about your father. I lost my dad earlier this year, and it's a strange season of life to navigate.

Wishing you all the best.
    Thank you so much!
    Yeah, it's a pretty strange part of life to navigate through, that's for sure

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Welcome back Michael. Very sorry for your loss.

Congrats on the awesome new album.
    Thanks man!

User Info Menu

Mike, sorry to hear about your dad, that's a really, tough disease. On the other note, the music sounds great and it's always cool doing different things like you did.

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Mike, sorry to hear about your dad, that's a really, tough disease. On the other note, the music sounds great and it's always cool doing different things like you did.

Congrats, Glenn |B)
    Hi Glenn, thank you so much! Is it me, or does the EB forum look so much cooler than it did before?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike_baugh View Post
    Hi Glenn, thank you so much! Is it me, or does the EB forum look so much cooler than it did before?!
    Hahahahaha, yah Mike they were testing out a new look and it looks like it's taken over. It does have EBMM coolness factor.

PS, NP man,

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Welcome back!

Congrats again on the new album and all the interest! ...waiting impatiently for your World Tour!!

My condolences on your Father’s passing. I did not know he was struggling with Dementia. It is a M.F’er!

Cheers!

Dave

Flash

AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Purple
    AXIS | 2012 | PDN | Honeyburst
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | BFR | Neptune Blue
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | MM90 | Neptune Blue

AXIS | 2016 | PDN | Starry Night

SILO | 1996 | Trans Teal | Floyd Rose
    SILO Special | 2012 | PDN | Trem | Honeyburst
    20TH Anny SILO #1 | Hardtail
    20TH Anny SILO #2 | Hardtail

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Welcome back!

Congrats again on the new album and all the interest! ...waiting impatiently for your World Tour!!

My condolences on your Father’s passing. I did not know he was struggling with Dementia. It is a M.F’er!

Cheers!

Dave
    Thank you Dave! I actually sold out of CD's within the first week if you can believe it. World tour?! I dunno about that!