EBMM Stingray bass green

Thread: NGD - Steve Morse Standard with Floyd

User Info Menu

NGD - Steve Morse Standard with Floyd

Mrs. Bebop was pining away recently over the Morse Y2D we had for a short time many years ago. She decided to shop around to see what was out there and found this little guy on GC used for a very reasonable price. The ad pics showed it still with the protective plastic so we ordered it in.
    She always wanted one with the Floyd and Iíve been interested in a Morse standard for a while being Iíve been a big fan of Steve since the early Dixie Dregs days.
    What we ended up getting is a total Ďcloset case queení or ĎNOSí guitar! It was built and shipped in 2001, but other than a wee bit of tarnish on a few of the metal parts, itís in new condition! Not sure how rare this black with plain white guard is but Iíve found almost no info or reference to this combination online.
    Yes, the switching is a bit challenging at first, but is easy to grasp after a short time. What a fabulous and versatile guitar! I will say that all of the pickup combinations are extremely usable and even with 4 different pickups, every combination just gives a variation of the same voice, unlike a lot of guitars that sound very different when you switch pups. Once again, Steve and EBMM knew what they were doingÖ Sweet!

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Nice congrats, looks like you got a super deal!!!!

Enjoy, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Congrats! What a find!
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Congratulations and happy playing!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Nice!!! They are great guitars! Super versatile! I have the hardtail version, because I am allergic to floyds.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Awesome! Gotta love a Floyd EBMM!

User Info Menu

That looks fantastic! I wish I had one like that. The switching is really easy to get used to. It'll make you look at all your other guitars differently from now on. I have one that is dark blue with matching headstock from 2001. I sometimes think about trading it for something as as I have a couple of Morse models, but then I chicken out and end up keeping it. Ha!
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

Congratulations!
    GUITARS

EBMM Majesty BFR (Cinnabar Red #060)
    EBMM Axis BFR (Steel Blue #044)
    EVH USA Wolfgang (Antique White) For Sale!
    Suhr Classic (Arctic White)
    Gibson SG Standard (Autumn Burst)
    Charvel DK24 HSS (Shell Pink)
    Ibanez AZ224F (Iceberg Gradiation)
    Fender 60's Tribute Strat(Two-Tone Burst)
    Fender Player's Strat HSS (Butter Cream)
    Taylor 314ce