EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axis Super Sport

User Info Menu

and my Les Paul & Charvel

User Info Menu

I'd say contact Sam Ash.

Sorry, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I’d say adjust the relief. Then adjust the action at the saddles. Then adjust intonation.
    Nothing to it. Setting up your guitar is a skill that everyone should learn.

User Info Menu

Guitar necks are made of wood. As such, they're going to expand and contract slightly as moisture levels change.

Adjusting a truss rod is one of those things you need to learn, to get the most out of any guitar. It literally takes a second or two to do.

User Info Menu

Any guitar repair shop or luthier will set it up no problem.Although I can do a set up myself being a lazy sod
    I take all my guitars to a local luthier who will set it up in a lot less time than it takes me.However be aware that pick up height
    is non adjustable on the ASS

User Info Menu

thanks it took all night and a large part of today - but I got it

User Info Menu

thanks for everyone here helping me - just wanted to let you know I got it the way I like it now

User Info Menu

Congrats! Basic set up skills are a must. It's a balancing act, and it's very rewarding to be able to set the action right where you want it!
    like Beej said, wood moves, and very few guitars won't need a little tweak from time to time...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishcatcher View Post
    thanks for everyone here helping me - just wanted to let you know I got it the way I like it now
    Nice, congrats!!! Whatcha have to do in the end?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

lowered saddles where I thought I wanted them
    tighten truss rod - still buzz - loosened truss rod - still buzz
    slow tighten again - stopping and checking and it magically got close
    then readjusted saddles

User Info Menu

Setup tip:
    Truss rod 'generally' effects action from the nut to about the 12th fret
    Saddle height effects action from about the 12th fret to the heel of the neck
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Awesome! Glad you got it.